• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Band of Brothers - the sequel!

Nieghorn

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, not really, but has anyone else heard that Hanks, Spielberg, and co are planning another HBO miniseries about WWII, but this time focussing on the Pacific Theatre?  It was mentioned to me today, so I did a search and found some articles talking about it being an intended project.  The IMDB lists it as 'announced' - which I gather means they haven't started shooting.

One interesting thing I read was that, unlike BoB, it will not be based on a non-fiction account.  I hope this is not the case because I feel knowing what you're watching actually happened makes the story that much more exciting.

The last one took three years to film, so if this one's anywhere near the last, I don't imagine we're likely to see it out anytime soon.

Nieghorn said:
Okay, not really, but has anyone else heard that Hanks, Spielberg, and co are planning another HBO miniseries about WWII, but this time focussing on the Pacific Theatre?   It was mentioned to me today, so I did a search and found some articles talking about it being an intended project.  The IMDB lists it as 'announced' - which I gather means they haven't started shooting.

One interesting thing I read was that, unlike BoB, it will not be based on a non-fiction account.  I hope this is not the case because I feel knowing what you're watching actually happened makes the story that much more exciting.

It's called "The Pacific War".  "The series is slated to be the biggest and most expensive mini-series every produced for Television. The decisive and complex battles of Midway, Okinawa and several other campaigns are scheduled to get screen time."

check this out: http://www.the-pacific-war.com/

The Gues-|- said:
It's called "The Pacific War".  "The series is slated to be the biggest and most expensive mini-series every produced for Television. The decisive and complex battles of Midway, Okinawa and several other campaigns are scheduled to get screen time."

check this out: http://www.the-pacific-war.com/

Cheers to that Gues-|-

One of the writers is Bruce C. McKenna. Is he one of the McKenna brothers who have produced a lot of programs about Canada's involvement in the Second World War?

nsmedicman said:
One of the writers is Bruce C. McKenna. Is he one of the McKenna brothers who have produced a lot of programs about Canada's involvement in the Second World War?

You omited the word "crap" from that sentence; I am sure it was unintentional.

I think the Valour and the Horror writer was Brian McKenna, the other brother being Terrence. 

Can't wait for Pacific War to be released. I wonder if they'll use any cast members from Band of Brothers.

Should be F'N Great! Though the originals are rarely beaten by sequels (stands true to the Matrix and various other trilogies and series).

>>Paladin<< said:
Should be F'N Great! Though the originals are rarely beaten by sequels (stands true to the Matrix and various other trilogies and series).

I'm sure it won't disappoint... considering it is based on a totally different battle.

Back