• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bad habits developed by civilian pilots

Resist the urge to brag, particularly in the presence of other candidates who don't have any PFE. In fact, the less you say to anyone about your PFE the better.  Don't make any predictions about how easy things will likely be for you, etc..., your reward should be in getting your wings, not in feeling good compared to others along the way during training. 

This doesn't mean you can't help others if their having difficulty, but use your past experience to AUGMENT what the RCAF is teaching, and how, and only provide assistance that aligns with the RCAF way of doing things. 'Helpful tricks' from a past flying life may not be nearly as helpful as one might think.

I had a large number of CPL fellow students on my Ph 2 in Moose Jaw, some I didn't even know were CPL (two were actually ATPL, Gp IV INRAT qual'd) until after the course. Most of the civy guys who failed out never shut up about how the Air Force was f'd up and doing things wrong... :nod: Yup, you guys are right and 1500 guys and gals are wrong...

Good luck, work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labours a few years down the road.

Regards
G2G

I was a class one with 2500 hrs when I joined.  I went in with the attitude that I was now the student and that I would do things the way I was taught.  Bad habits didn't pose much of a problem. 

Back