• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bacon anybody?

darmil

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070526/monster_pig_070526/20070526?hub=TopStories

WOW that is quite the kill the porkchops off that damn thing, it would cost a fortune to mount that head.

'Monster Pig' shot in U.S. outweighs 'Hogzilla'

Updated Sat. May. 26 2007 9:47 AM ET

Associated Press

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 475 kilograms and measured almost three metres

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 451 kilograms and measure 3.6 metres long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 362 kilograms and was 2.4 metres long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig.

"It feels really good," Jamison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who lives in Pickensville on the Mississippi border. He just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 12.5-centimetre tusks, decided to charge.

With the animal finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder's scale measures only to the nearest 10, but Mike Stone said it balanced one notch past the 476 kilogram mark.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds (480 kilograms). We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is being mounted by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy. Cunningham said the animal measured 137 centimetres around the head, 187 centimetres around the shoulders and 27 centimetres from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds (226 to 317 kilograms)," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs: "They are a little less dangerous."

D8PBKB5G0.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PBKB5G0&show_article=1&image=large

Crap. Holy crap.

That would feed a small country for a year.

Bare in mind, the only frame of reference in the picture is a 5 year old :)

11 Year old, the kid was 5 when he took his first deer.  Still, that's a big freakin' pig!

I'm still skeptical.. even in Alberta, how many families would let their 11 year old kid run around killing animals. And in the picture the kid is only holding a handgun. An animal THAT big, in my mind looks like it would take more than a handgun to take down dead.......still skeptical.

Even in Alberta?  WTF is that supposed to mean?  Anyway, turning the entire thing into sausage is a waste of some good eats.

midget-boyd91 said:
And in the picture the kid is only holding a handgun. An animal THAT big, in my mind looks like it would take more than a handgun to take down dead.......still skeptical.

Handgun Hunter Magazine

Handgun Hunter Magazine: Hogs and Deer

On the other end of the scale, there's the wild boar. Depending mostly on food and population, he will weigh somewhere between 150 pounds to well over 400 pounds. The vitals of this animal are located forward in the chest cavity (compared to a whitetail) where they are very well protected. His skeletal structure is heavy. In fact, as if the shoulder blade itself wasn't enough there is even more to protect them. The skin is much tougher than a deer and the hair is thick and coarse. More times than not there is a layer of hard dry mud caked on the skin from wallowing. A cartilage like plate covers the chest and back. This plate in some cases can be more than two inches thick and is very hard. With all of this added up it's around 4 to 6 inches of bone, plate, skin, and mud. Pound for pound hogs have more blood than deer. This explains why they have so much endurance after being hit even with well placed shots. Put all these things together and its enough to make you have nightmares. The best kill shot is the head or neck. Placing a bullet somewhere between the eye and the ear will take out the brain and put any hog, no matter how big, down for the count. This sounds good but as we all know you don't always get a perfect head or neck shot under hunting conditions. The next best is of course the chest, the best-protected place on a hog. I like to put a bullet right thru both shoulders breaking them and getting the heart and lungs. If I can't get both shoulders I try to place the shot to angle through the chest to take out the vitals and break the off side shoulder. Getting a bullet through all of the protection mother nature has provided the wild hog with is no small task. She did her homework on the cartilage shell. Not only is it thick and hard, it's resilient and will close up quick on small wounds causing blood trails to dry up; this is why a large exit wound is so important. The size of a hog we are discussing here may or may not be killed instantly with a body shot, if not, a good blood trail makes the difference in whether he will be found or not. A large exit wound created by a quality bullet with good penetration capabilities will create a large blood channel with substantial blood loss very quickly. If a bullet doesn't exit it didn't do its job! Looking back the main mistake I made was the use of load intended for whitetailed deer and other animals in that range. Being placed into the on-side shoulder didn't help matters either.

Hunting Revolvers

It is impressive.. but no matter what I read, a pig that big still has me skeptical until I actually see one that big with my own eyes.

midget-boyd91 said:
Just that. The hillbilly town of Canada....
Happy B-Day By the way.
From sticksville NS?  :rofl:  "Hello kettle? pot here... YOU'RE BLACK!"  By the way, how are your Grandbrother and Uncledad?

midget-boyd91 said:
It is impressive.. but no matter what I read, a pig that big still has me skeptical until I actually see one that big with my own eyes.

It is because of skeptics and conspiracy theorists like yourself that some people still insist that there is no sasquatch...and I saw one myself just the other day... ;D

a little perspective goes a long way... http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/25/boy_shoots_halfton_w.html

still... a really big pig....

the 11 yr old is pert big too

Back