• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bacon anybody?

Man, I could so go for some ham right about now.

Seriously though- it's pretty obvious the kid is standing back from the hog.

http://www.thenewsvault.com/cgi/news.pl?t=997
Home: News Stories: [ tell a friend ]

11-Year-Old Boy Bags Nine Feet 'Monster Pig'

An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet 4, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than 'Hogzilla', the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in Georgia in 2004.

"It feels really good," Jamison said. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

It was hauled on a truck to where the hog was weighed. The animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen", he said.

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla" after his catch, a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar.

Its a good story.... which is believable except for the part about getting the hog onto the truck.  How did they manage to drag the thing through the woods to the truck, or lift a 1,000 pound pig onto the truck without cutting it into pieces?

GreyMatter said:
Its a good story.... which is believable except for the part about getting the hog onto the truck.  How did they manage to drag the thing through the woods to the truck, or lift a 1,000 pound pig onto the truck without cutting it into pieces?

I believe that the original story states that they had to cut down trees to make a path to the monster, then put it in a backhoe or something to bring it out of the woods.

Now that's believable.

Im getting mind-boggled trying to think of the size of the leg you could get from it. 

GreyMatter said:
Now that's believable.

Im getting mind-boggled trying to think of the size of the leg you could get from it. 

Google can be your friend, all it takes is the application of a little grey matter:

http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070526/NEWS07/70525015

Think hams as big as car tires.

'Monster pig' was a not-so-wild gift named Fred

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/06/02/monster.pig.ap/index.html

FRUITHURST, Alabama (AP) -- The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being hunted and killed by
an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred.

The not-so-wild pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before
it was shot there in a 150-acre fenced area, the animal's former owner said.

Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that he bought the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas
gift for his wife
, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.

I wonder what she said, after receiving that special gift ...

I was watching a segment on Daily Planet on the Discovery Channel a couple of months ago on these monster pigs. Researchers are analyzing the heads of the boar/pigs to see whether they are wild boars, feral domesticated pigs that escaped from farms and grew up in the wild, or whether one of those pigs cross bred with a wild boar producing a hybrid.

GreyMatter said:

Simple, ropes and manpower, been doing it with 1200lb+ moose for years.

Planes

And now they even got their own web site...

http://www.monsterpig.com/

And even Urban Legends has taken a look at it...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/256537.htm

I dont know, it looks huge but the kids doing what every hunter does, he's sitting back a little bit pretending to lean on the sucker so it looks bigger. Its still a monster though. I'm buggered if i'd go after that thing with a handgun even if it is .50cal. I'd feel a lot safer with a proper vehicle mounted .50 and even then i'd be worried that i might just piss that thing off!

Somehow Hale,

I can just picture you now in your safari suit zooming through the outback hunting wild farm-raised piggies with your jeep mounted .50 ...  ;D Lovely sight that would be.

Imagine? Why would you have to imagine? I have a lovely tan coloured safari suit for special occasions and a nice dark green one for our big hunts.
What, what! Tally Ho Piggies!

P.S. I do actually have a tan coloured safari suit and a dark green safari suit jacket. I had them made on Holiday in Vietnam. I'm bringing it back into fashion!

Hale said:
P.S. I do actually have a tan coloured safari suit and a dark green safari suit jacket. I had them made on Holiday in Vietnam. I'm bringing it back into fashion!

TTWWOP.gif

Hahaha! Consider them incoming. Give me a couple of hours...which makes notice the time, shouldnt you be in bed anyway Vern? Its 1800 here, i'll be out for a while but will have them up by midnight hopefully!
What do you think? Safari suit coupled with "Blue steel"?
This thread is wandering but heres something interesting for you, in the early 80's the ADF put out a set of cams that if the coller was ironed right out very much resembled a safari suit. There you go, interesting trivia for you.
I'll have the photos soonish!

Hale said:
Hahaha! Consider them incoming. Give me a couple of hours...which makes notice the time, shouldnt you be in bed anyway Vern? Its 1800 here, i'll be out for a while but will have them up by midnight hopefully!
What do you think? Safari suit coupled with "Blue steel"?
This thread is wandering but heres something interesting for you, in the early 80's the ADF put out a set of cams that if the coller was ironed right out very much resembled a safari suit. There you go, interesting trivia for you.
I'll have the photos soonish!

LOL. I'll just merge it into another appropriate thread once posted!! It's 0508hrs here...it's been an all-nighter. It's been a very loooooong one too. Perhaps today will be better.  :)

Hale,

Hope your safari suit isn't one of those polyester leisure suit :)

1st there was Leisure suit Larry
and then there was.................. :)

Back