• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

B-20 at Vernon

Lakatos

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was in Drill and Ceremonial Instructor this year, and surprisingly enough we got bed time stories. A couple of the staff on different nights told us about B-20, they said it was haunted. Something about red eyes and cadets going crazy and attacking others in the middle of the night and waking up the next morning not remembering anything. What I am wondering is if anyone can actually open up the topic more, and tell me what is going on in that Barracks. Apparently it is called the Whack Shack. So if anyone can tell me more that would be great.

Thanks,
C/Sgt. Adam Lakatos

Yeah but the thing was the barracks aren't used anymore, the last time I remember them being used is in '09 for quarantining cadets that were sick. The doors are locked but for some reason all the beds near the windows are made.

It wasn't used because there were not enough cadets on base to justify its use. It was used as the quarantine last year and companies had cadets that would "disappear" and no one would know exactly where the cadet was (HQ in the coy did). That is where the ghost stories came from. Before this year I had never heard any stories and I have lived in those barracks. I chalk it up to some staff cadets trying to yank the chain of some of the course cadets. 

From 2007 as my first year on course there and up until 2010 when I finished my last summer as Staff, the stories and buildings always changed.

As one person would say: "Oh but this H-block was haunted... blah blah" and I would proceed to say, "Oh really? I lived in that H-block in <insert year here> and the only thing haunted in there was the laundry bag of the cadet across from me. His feet stank so bad, I swear his socks were going to come alive and kill us all." Only to have the building number change, and a different twist to it.

Wanna hear a REAL story about the B-20's? Late at night during the first week course cadets showed up in 2009, I was a Trg&Sup Instructor (Cadet Sergeant) and I was giving the GD/Security staff a hand, and I saw kids jumping out the windows and off the back stairs onto mattresses. All 4 of the ones that I/we caught were swiftly returned home within the next couple days  ;)

Yeah in '09 I was quarantined there for a week for stomach flu, and for some reason in the middle of the night I ended up in someone else bed. Weirdest night ever

Lakatos said:
Yeah in '09 I was quarantined there for a week for stomach flu, and for some reason in the middle of the night I ended up in someone else bed. Weirdest night ever

When you get those nasty "Base bugs"... Your brain and body does strange things. Trust me  :p

I was in those barrack WAY back in 1989 (C Coy) and 1990 (B Coy).  No ghost stories then.

pfinlayson said:
I was in those barrack WAY back in 1989 (C Coy) and 1990 (B Coy).  No ghost stories then.

That's because you ARE the ghost story  ;)

Haha, I'm feeling comedic today.

If its the wing attached to the MIR i remember staying there in 2005 for the night when I got sick. :-X

marshall sl said:
was in that building in 73  ,no ghosts

Same here in 75 or 76 and no ghosts just Marshall's smelly old mattress.  8)

Back