• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian Service Medals - Iraq Campaign - Pics

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Again for curiousity's sake, i thought I would post a pic of the medals one recieves for his time spent in Iraq.

From left to right:

Australian Army Active Service Medal, with Iraq clasp
Iraq Campaign Medal

The others are:

Australian Defence Medal, note how it kind of resembles the CD ribbon; and

two CF medals, the 125, and yes, the CD

Next is the Australian Army's Combat Badge, which is worn above the medals on your dress uniform, and the Returned From Active Service pin, which is worn on your civvy attire (jacket and tie type scenerio)

Cheers,

Wes

Wes,

Thanks for taking time to share your photo's with us, I enjoyed viewing the photo's and the stories behind them also. As for the Genie Lamp though, have you tried to rub it yet? Sorry, I couldn't help but ask  :)

Cheers

~Rebecca

Good one there Rebecca!

However these are cast and most likely brass coated, and anything from 'over there' is 5th class junk. I am sure I'd rub the finnish off after a try or two, ha! They look nice though.

Besides that genie in there most likely still things there is a two way rifle range ongoing, and is scared to show herself (hopefully a her, and not some hairy assed BO smelling male genie, ha)i

Cheers,

Wes

very nice indeed! I really like the Australian Combat Badge, looks really sharp. Although it some what resembles the American CIB (yes i know one is flintlock blue oblong box with wreath) But it does look similar.

Well deserved - I especially like the civvies "been there" pin.  Not that you strike me as someone who NEEDS to advertise having been downrange ;) , but it's nice to have the option.

Hey Tony, I still got to mail you something, with all heap going on with my seperation etc, I will get to it, thats a promise.

Cheers,

Wes

Well done Wes. When your old and grey (Older & Greyer perhaps? haha) no one will ever be able to take what you've done away from you. Your one of the few who can say they've actually done something real to help people. Not just sat there and whinged about how awful the government is and that we should all grow beards and wear potato sacks.
See you soon boss, well done again.

Back