• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August 2010 BMQ

Yeah they told me the same thing. I was kind of worried when it seems that most people know their swear in dates, so it's a relief to hear you got the same story.

There is already a thread on BMQ for August:

Aug 2010 BMQ

It's preferred that threads are not started for each date a BMQ is being run, but only the month, to cut down on the number of BMQ threads.

sry Mo, just made this thread to drag out those who were going August 2nd cause like I said no one out of that whole thread was going Aug 2nd and I wanted to at least know that some people were going that date

Cleric515 said:
I wanted to at least know that some people were going that date

Its not like they are going to run a course with just YOU on it !!!!

maybe i'm just that special:p

but in all seriousness i thought "how many users do we have on this forum and I have not seen one put down August 2nd for a training date." I even phoned the recruiting center and asked about it and had asked how they group BMQ, is it according to trade or is it what they require for trades at that time.

Cleric515 said:
maybe i'm just that special:p

but in all seriousness i thought "how many users do we have on this forum and I have not seen one put down August 2nd for a training date." I even phoned the recruiting center and asked about it and had asked how they group BMQ, is it according to trade or is it what they require for trades at that time.

Cleric515,

Don't worry about it! You're amongs the lucky ones who received a BMQ date. Concentrate on that. You'll find out soon enough  who'll be with you on that date weither from this forum or the day you get there.
Congratulations and... BREATH ;)

Alea

aegishjalmar said:
Has anybody here scheduled for BMQ on August 9th received their swearing in ceremony date yet? I didn't intend on raising this question to the CFRC until late June but it would be nice to mark a date on the calender (and give plenty of notice when I put in a request to get the day off work too!).

I know Maytag starts BMQ the same day as me, have you heard anything?

yea, same story here. i was told that if i dont here anything by June 15th to give them a call and they will give me my enrollment date.  good to hear that other people are in the same boat.  not knowing my enrollment date was making me nervous

My recruiter just responded to my email and told me I will be starting BMQ on Aug. 23rd. The weird thing is, I was told over the phone that I was selected for PPCLI but my recruiter told me I was put in RCR. Could they have made an error or could I just have been moved? I also don't have an enrolment date yet.

Just got a call from the CFLRS in Toronto, enrollment date is August 4th at 7:45 AM EST.

Got a call from the recruiting center today informing me that my BMQ date has been changed from August 23rd to July 12th. Good luck to all, enjoy your summer!

Any idea why the course date got switched?  Someone dropped from that course possibly?  Good luck with BMQ mate.

yeah, someone dropped out. I'd been called twice before that and offered positions but someone had filled the open spot both times. Guess my recruiter is just really on the ball!

I'll be heading out to St. Jean from just north of Toronto on August 23rd.  I've been waiting for nearly a year to go, so I'm unbelievably excited.  :D

Edit: Swearing in August 12th at Barrie CFRC, meteorological technician, if anyone's interested.

any of you August 9th grunts on facebook? im thinking of starting a group for our bmq

group made!

heres the link http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=118084718224078

if that doesnt work just look up the group "Canadian Forces August 9 BMQ"

see ya there

I created a Facebook group for August 16th BMQ in St Jean. Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122823641077076&v=wall

Got a group in facebook setup for those starting August 2nd.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126584134019073

Back