• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

August 2009 BMOQ

Hi guys,

I am going to be AEC (DEO) from Winnipeg. Got merit listed April 3rd. Still waiting for the verbal offer. After talking to the recruitment center, looks like they will put me in August course. I am curious any other AEC waiting for the offer and which city please.
thankyou

logairoff said:
Looking at posts from last year some people got the opportunity to do OPME courses and some sort of work/physical fitness at cfrc while they waited over the summer. Any info on whether or not they will run this program again this summer?

Highly unlikely.  A very "unique" sit occurred with the group to which you are referring.  Basically, they recd offers in Jan/Feb with a crse start of spring 08 (Apr or May -- I don't recall), and enrollment ceremonies in Mar 08 (to get the enrollment numbers into the CF FYE (31 Mar).  In early Mar prod probs occurred making it impossible for these individs to commence trg in Apr/May -- they were re-loaded onto an Aug serial instead.  In order to retain the mbrs, they still had the enrollment ceremonies in Mar but were placed in a unique situation:  what to do with the offr recruits until Aug.  The recruits could not stay at home doing naught all and collect a CF pay cheque.  So, they came up with a unique solution:  the recruits were to remain at home and follow a fit prog with regularly scheduled CF Expres tests to track fit progress and take 3 OPME crses.  Some of the recruits managed to get OJT trg and were still requ to follow the fit prog although they did not take the OPMEs.

OPMEs are six crses that all offr must complete before being considered for the promotion to Maj.

Good2Go said:
Highly unlikely.  A very "unique" sit occurred with the group to which you are referring.  Basically, they recd offers in Jan/Feb with a crse start of spring 08 (Apr or May -- I don't recall), and enrollment ceremonies in Mar 08 (to get the enrollment numbers into the CF FYE (31 Mar).  In early Mar prod probs occurred making it impossible for these individs to commence trg in Apr/May -- they were re-loaded onto an Aug serial instead.  In order to retain the mbrs, they still had the enrollment ceremonies in Mar but were placed in a unique situation:  what to do with the offr recruits until Aug.  The recruits could not stay at home doing naught all and collect a CF pay cheque.  So, they came up with a unique solution:  the recruits were to remain at home and follow a fit prog with regularly scheduled CF Expres tests to track fit progress and take 3 OPME crses.  Some of the recruits managed to get OJT trg and were still requ to follow the fit prog although they did not take the OPMEs.

OPMEs are six crses that all offr must complete before being considered for the promotion to Maj.

Thanks for making me feel like a sucker for not getting paid to wait all summer ;)

logairoff said:
I just received an offer over the phone for August 31st BMOQ.

Grats Logairoff!
Been awhile since I was on last, but I am in the same boat as you, I was merit listed in Jan as well for the May loading, for LOG, as I was still waiting for my eyes (LASIK) for aircrew, takes 6 months, as a backup.  But just got off the phone today with my file manager expecting to discuss when I would be redoing all my medical testing that i did last summer for aircrew when he gave me the offer! 
Needless to say I am psyched!  Been waiting for this for the last 4-5 years lol...long story.  So today is celebrating tomorrow is hard core training at the gym lol.
Cheers!

nickinguelph said:
Grats Logairoff!
Been awhile since I was on last, but I am in the same boat as you, I was merit listed in Jan as well for the May loading, for LOG, as I was still waiting for my eyes (LASIK) for aircrew, takes 6 months, as a backup.  But just got off the phone today with my file manager expecting to discuss when I would be redoing all my medical testing that i did last summer for aircrew when he gave me the offer! 
Needless to say I am psyched!  Been waiting for this for the last 4-5 years lol...long story.  So today is celebrating tomorrow is hard core training at the gym lol.
Cheers!

Congrats!

See you in August.

Hello all
I was given an spot for BMOQ starting August 31. I am so looking forward to it :nod:.
I was notified about it early April. I have been in the system for quite a while,  finally I have a set date. I was told my enrollment ceremony would take place in Ottawa on August 19 th
Congrats to my fellow hopeful OCDT´s

If hope this helps anyone out there with questions to Aug BMOQ 2009.

I applied late Jan 2009 for ROTP Civi U Registered Nurse. The assessment process occurred quite rapidly and I was offered a position mid March. I was told last week that enrollment will be July 15 and I will be attending St Jean Aug 2nd for the "IAP" part of the BMOQ and finish the remaining part of the BMOQ in May 2010.

The one question I have, which not even the recruiting centre can answer at this time is, is the IAP just the first four weeks of the BMOQ (I was able to find the weekly schedule for the BMOQ)

Hi  RN Army,

I don't know if my reply clarifies anything. My letter from AFRC says my IAP course is August 31 to December 11, which i believe is full BMOQ course. I applied as DEO, i think they made mistake and should have written My BMOQ dates instead of IAP. Regardless welcome and congratulation.
cheers

Can I ask what IAP is?

Congrats to those going in August! I'm (almost) envious! I'm going Log DEO, but I'm not sure if I've passed my medical as of yet, so I know I have a long wait.

Thats OK with me though, it gives me lots of extra time to get into shape so I can survive being loaded with a bunch of 18 year olds. I'm 35. Likely will be 36 by the time I get loaded onto a BOMQ (Thinking next spring, if all goes well).

IAP (Initial Assessment Period) has been combined with BOTP (Basic Officer Training Program). The new course name is : BMOQ (Basic Military Officer Qualification). It contains the same things but you do it all in one phase instead of doing it in 2. IAP was 9 weeks, BOTP 6. BMOQ is still 15 weeks.

Thank you.

Just wondered if I needed to prepare my family for additional time away, and want to ensure I am as prepared as possible.

Elorajen said:
Thank you.

Just wondered if I needed to prepare my family for additional time away, and want to ensure I am as prepared as possible.

You should always have your family prepared for longer abscences than planned. You could get injured and sit in a holding platoon for a month while you heal and start with another platoon ( for example). Back in 1998, recruits at CFLRS were put to work during the ice storms and once that was over , went back to training......

See what i'm driving at ?

Oh yes, I'm well aware, my husband was on PAT platoon in 1993 for 5 months in Borden before his training course started (3's??). That was fun!

With a husband currently in, and the inlaws currently on standby to come help if needed (he is currently MSS and then a deployment in Dec), I try to prepare my kids (3 and 6) as much as possible. I'll bring up that possibility to them anyway, just in case.

Just wondcrering if anyone has been offered a spot in the Aug 31st BMOQ from the Kitchener CFRC?  If so, have you received any information regarding the swearing in ceremony, and or any information sent out from the CFRC in regards to BMOQ?

I do know that it is still 3 months off, just getting a little impatient and itchin for it to happen.  I have been in contact with the  CFRC about a month ago, and was told they had no info on it yet, and that they would contact me this summer.  Figured, I see what was out here, before I start calling again lol.

Also it would be nice to start meeting those of you in the area who would possibly be on course with me.  Cheers!

Hi nickinguelph,

I was asked how I wanted to be sworn in (bible or not) if I had anything for storage and if I wanted to fly or drive there. I asked about when I will receive the joining instructions and whether I will receive anything in the mail. I was notified that I was to come in and pick up my joining instructions and that I will not be receiving anything in the mail. The person notified me also that I will receive a phone call sometime in August to let me know when my swearing in ceremony will be. He told me to just relax in the meantime and get ready for August.

I understand the feeling of just waiting and that little feeling like hey I hope they dont forget about me :) but dont worry I doubt they will forget about you if you already received an offer just be patient and get some exercise in. I also have this worry of oh man what if something changes and we dont get to go for August eventhough they already gave us an official offer...you never know

logairoff said:
I was asked how I wanted to be sworn in (bible or not) if I had anything for storage and if I wanted to fly or drive there. I asked about when I will receive the joining instructions and whether I will receive anything in the mail. I was notified that I was to come in and pick up my joining instructions and that I will not be receiving anything in the mail. The person notified me also that I will receive a phone call sometime in August to let me know when my swearing in ceremony will be. He told me to just relax in the meantime and get ready for August.

Thanks Logairoff,
Yeah, I haven't been asked about any preferences regarding the swearing in, storage and/or getting there.  The only thing that my file manager told me was that they will be contacting me this summer.
I think I will be making a drive to the CFRC tomorrow, and see if I can't get anything.

Well, I went into the Recruiting Centre yesterday, and talked to one of the Captains as my file manager is out on course.  I will be receiving my info package sometime in July, then with the swearing in sometime around the beginning of August.  I was told that they aren`t really in a rush to do anything right now, as BMOQ is still 3 months off, which is understandable.

So if there are any of you out of the Kitchener CFRC offered a spot for the upcomming BMOQ, thats the current scoop.

Cheers!

Congratulations to my fellow Officer Cadets.

My enrolment is set for the end of this month in CFRC Vancouver (New Westminster) and I am scheduled to start the BMOQ at St. Jean  from August 31st to December 11th. I am wondering if anyone from BC is scheduled to enrol and be at Basic during those dates? It would be great to know someone beforehand and share the excitement with.

Once again, congratulations to all the fellow hopeful Officers and I cannot wait to form new friendships with all of you.  :salute:

Everyone from NOAB 0902A should be in St. Jean August 31st as well, see you guys there!

Back