• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 3rd/06: Sgt Vaughn Ingram, Cpl Bryce Jeffrey Keller, Pte. Kevin Dallaire

:salute: RIP buds.

I want to say more, but I don't know what.......

I was out in the yard playing with my my little girl and the rest of the neighbourhood rug rats, trying not to think too hard, when one of my neighbours popped over the fence and let me know about the latest. At first I thought he was confusing it with Chris......but, no.

ninerdomestic and I convey our condolences to the fallen, our thoughts are with the families.

Everybody else still away, and everybody going away, keep doing what you are doing. Do it the best that you can. I'm going to go give mine a hug now.

p.s. Infidel: excellent pic. Thank you.

As long as we live, they too shall live,
for they are a part of us, as we remember them.

RIP  :salute:

To my brother Patricias, Rest in peace, you have done your duty.  :salute:  :cdn:

Another reminder that standing for what's right has its cost.

My condolences to the families and the PPCLI. May our brothers rest in peace.

I am stunned and speechless.

RIP to the fallen and Godspeed to the injured in your recovery.

Haggis spoke my thoughts and feelings.

Speechless.

RIP troops.  RIP.   :salute:

For some reason, these words came to my mind as I heard all this on the news today....

"Nothing Gold Can Stay" ~ Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

RIP soldiers, you have done your best, we are all so very proud and thankful for your sacrifice, you are truly the best of our nation. My thoughts are with the family the wounded and the Regimental family, stay strong we shall never forget them. :salute: :cdn:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2015

Media Advisory
Remains of Four Soldiers Returning Home
MA 06-12 - August 4, 2006

OTTAWA, Ont. - The remains of Sgt. Vaughn Ingram, Cpl. Bryce James Keller, Cpl. Christopher Jonathan Reid and Pte. Kevin Dallaire, all of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, are scheduled to return home to Canada Sunday afternoon.

Where: 8 Wing Trenton, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.
When: Sunday, August 6, 5:30 p.m.
What:  As per the request of the families, media are invited to view the arrival, though no interviews will be given.

Present to pay their respects will be The Minister of National Defence, Gordon O’Connor, and other dignitaries.

Cpl Reid was killed when the vehicle in which he was riding struck an improvised explosive device. Sgt Ingram, Cpl. Keller and Pte. Dallaire were killed as a result of a rocket propelled grenade attack. Both incidents occurred August 3 near the village of Pashmul.

Back