• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Auditor General Suggests RMC Not Working

Good2Golf said:
Did your RMC pers friends/contacts/acquaintances point out that it was in fact only female cadets who responded and challenged Ms. Lalonde (she's not a Mrs. as you incorrectly state, a detail, but there is difference in the way Mrs. and many Ms. view things) and that the responses were not to the extreme that Ms. Lalonde claimed?  For my part, through second-hand recounting of the proceedings, to include my son, several other male and female cadets I know, and a number of the college senior military staff I've known for decades, all recounted the incident without variation as described above.  That is also why the College now has an SOP of videoing all guest speakers...and it's not for posterity's sake, I would imagine (#jagrecommendations).  That said, BG45, you are certainly entitled to hold whatever impression you wish, regarding both the incident specifically, and the suitability of cadets collected from across the country to capably represent communities from...well, across the country.

Regards
G2G

Bit of a necro-post, but the RMC pers I talked to was one of the organizers. What she told me was that there was in fact a mix of males and females with the third year session being the only one which really had a larger percentage of females than males (partially because by that point people were being warned against making a scene according to the SH rep). I'm also aware that the opinion of many was that the comments weren't as bad as what was let on and that perhaps Ms (you're quite right, she isn't married) Lalonde was likely used to speaking to like-minded persons elsewhere and wasn't used to being questioned. They were also upset about losing a weekend after having lost several leading up to this (which, tbh, is a terrible excuse but at least understandable).

As for letting me have whatever opinion I want, that's very magnanimous of you.

Back