• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATTN: pers deployed to Afghan 2006-07

Fusaki

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for specifics related to an incident involving a veh rented (contracted?) by the Dutch and loaned to CDNs around mid-late 2006.  Apparently this veh got shot up by insurgents and was returned in less-than-pristine condition.

The reason I'm asking is that I was just at a dinner party with a guy who happened to be a  maintainer with the Dutch Apache callsigns. He received the veh after we were done with it and he was curious to know the war story behind how it got shot up.

It's not the fist time I've heard this story, but I can't remember the specifics and I can't remember who I heard it from first. It'll be a couple weeks before I'm back to work and can ask around.

Any help filling in the gaps would be appreciated, provided that you're not violating OPSEC.  I'd like to know where this veh came from, how it got damaged, and how it was returned to the Dutch.

Thanks!

I think you are referring to the DAF tractor. I only heard rumors about it while I was there so I won't repeat my version of the story in case it is not total correct. However if you do a search on Google you will get some information. The little information about it was published in the newspapers at the time and possibly the Maple Leaf as well.

Try this like for the note found in the truck.
http://www.casr.ca/bg-army-support-tropco-tractor.htm

Cheers

HEy Brother,

There one or two people from this thread that actually saw the vehicle roll in.  You may want to see if they can help.  I won't merge this, with the other thread just yet, as I think it could help you with some answers.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/68709.0.html

dileas

tess

I  do believe we helped load this on the Antonov, I was always curious about what happened and who was in it. All I knew at the time was it was a leased truck our guys were using.

Yeah, I remember the truck.

Wonderbread, incoming PM

Thanks guys! This is exactly what I was looking for!  I'll pass the links on. ;D

WB

Back