• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attitudes towards the Liberals

^^
The issue now is that the PM approves the constituency nomination of the person running for the party (is that the same for every party? I think so). So your fortunes are based on the PM liking the cut of your jib.

^^
The issue now is that the PM approves the constituency nomination of the person running for the party (is that the same for every party? I think so). So your fortunes are based on the PM liking the cut of your jib.
I think the leader of (insert party here) can accept or reject a candidate, but I could be wrong on that.

Short leash. Was it written down (statutory), or was it "customary"?

Customs may have had a good long run through all the times when even the people seeking rapid change were constrained by the limits of hardcopy press and post, but in the electronic/information age, I expect any inconvenient customary practices to ultimately be swept aside by progressives in a hurry.

Does Jamaica qualify as a 'short leash'? ;)

Trudeau family vacationed with wealthy friends who donated to Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation​

PM’s New Year’s trip to exclusive Jamaican locale cost taxpayers at least $160,000 for security and staff​

Hmm... I'm surprised CBC ran that story at all considering the CBC is 'Trudeau propaganda' , not news... Well that's what Poilievre said about the CBC on twitter, and he wouldn't lie or exaggerate and mislead...

Hmm... I'm surprised CBC ran that story at all considering the CBC is 'Trudeau propaganda' , not news... Well that's what Poilievre said about the CBC on twitter, and he wouldn't lie or exaggerate and mislead...

CBC does still criticize the government from time to time... they ensure to provide their own spin though, in this instance ensuring that they highlight how Trudeau has been friends with this individual for a long time, and that the Ethics Commissioner gave the go ahead for the trip. If CBC did not report on the story, then they would be unable to influence the narrative.

How can there not be the perception of bias in CBC's reporting when the majority of their funding comes from the federal government and their is currently a big difference between the government and opposition when it comes to continuing that support?

CBC has also made undesirable stories harder to find after publication by removing them from the search function on their website.

For example, last year Heritage Canada was under fire for hiring "anti-racism consultant" Laith Marouf, who was found to express anti-semitic views online. The below article, as well as a few others, can be found through a Google search but if you use the search function on the CBC News website, they're simply not found... but it will provide an article from 2012 where Marouf was the victim of kettling by police at a protest.

For example, last year Heritage Canada was under fire for hiring "anti-racism consultant" Laith Marouf, who was found to express anti-semitic views online. The below article, as well as a few others, can be found through a Google search but if you use the search function on the CBC News website, they're simply not found... but it will provide an article from 2012 where Marouf was the victim of kettling by police at a protest.
Wait till C-11 becomes the law.

You don't think CBC planted that factual story to embarrass PP and indicated they are not bias?

.....that the Ethics Commissioner gave the go ahead for the trip.

The Ethics Commissioner didn't know that the family where contributors to to the PET Foundation.

Which Ethics Commissioner? The old one who got fed up with not getting anywhere, or the new interim ethics commissioner the sister-in-law of Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc.

A major agency is going to look pretty foolish if it tries to completely ignore stuff that pops up in the current news cycle in other places.

CBC had the nickname "Communist Broadcasting Corporation" when my parents were young. Whatever is in its bones that earned that moniker isn't going to be shed by occasional reporting that appears to go against the grain. People rushing to say "but this!" ought to learn the meaning of how exceptions highlight the rule.

You are talking about a secure smug arrogant broadcaster that knows the LPC has its back.

As an example, the president of CBC refused to divulge his salary - even when ordered to by a judge. This happened a number of years ago and I don't know what the outcome was.

You cant take the stance PP has on the CBC and then use them as a reference of support for his claims.
In principle, bang on, but many anti-MSM folks cite MSM sources when it proves their points, so he's far from alone.
... CBC had the nickname "Communist Broadcasting Corporation" when my parents were young ...
... or the Cosmic Butterfly Corporation.

In principle, bang on, but many anti-MSM folks cite MSM sources when it proves their points, so he's far from alone.

I have been guilty of that before. And the reason is that using alternate sources will get your input discarded, on these forums, from our more left leaning brothers and sisters.

Back