• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATTENTION MANITOBANS: Red Shirt Rally on August 15

Shec

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
The following is an announcement I received last night from the Past President of the FGH Regimental Association advising of:

"Red Shirt Rally" a First for Manitoba Legislature Grounds

WINNIPEG, Man. - As a first for the Legislature grounds, on Friday, the 15th August, at noon, the public are invited to wear red shirts and cheer on the work being done by our serving Manitoba soldiers. A lunch-time rally is planned at the front steps of the Manitoba Legislature just behind the "Yellow Ribbon" garden, planted by our province as a token of Manitoba's appreciation.

As the flowers have bloomed, so will the outpouring of messages to our soldiers from friends and family as the intent is to cheer them on with a video of the rally. Thanks to the internet, it will be sent into Afghanistan so that our troops know we are 100% behind them!

The rally will feature local MLA, Bonnie Korzeniowski, Special Envoy for Military Affairs and Steven Fletcher, Member of Parliament for Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia and Parliamentary Secretary for Health, Colonel Robert Poirier, Commander of 38 Canadian Brigade Group, as well as your everyday Manitoban who just wants to say thanks!

Soon enough our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers will be coming home from their gruelling work overseas, mostly in Afghanistan. Close to 900 Manitobans serving with the Canadian Forces will be coming home this fall after many months of duty.

When: Friday, August 15th at noon

Where: Manitoba Legislative Building - North grounds- behind Yellow Ribbon Garden (near Broadway)

i will definitely try and make this rally.

i don't think i have a red shirt, but i do have a Support The Troops t-shirt that i will wear.

would love to meet some of the people who frequent this site. maybe set up a place nearby where we could meet up before the rally?

Back