• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attack at Nancy Pelosi’s home

I wonder if she'll buy a gun for home defense, or hire armed security.

I wonder if she'll buy a gun for home defense, or hire armed security.
As 2nd in Line of Succession of the Presidency I'm surprised there isn't armed security there already.

As 2nd in Line of Succession of the Presidency I'm surprised there isn't armed security there already.
So just an update. She has a detail but they were with her in DC at the time. The cops arrived and witnessed the attack after being called.

My guess is he was not the actual target obviously but was there.

I would have figured they would have beefier security for who can get in.

Some communities in the US are like fortresses.

It appears she was the target but wasn’t home, and police arrived very quickly:

The attacker has been identified, and his social media suggests he was pretty far down the far right rabbit hole… Also, tangentially, he grew up in Powell River, B.C.

We’ve had US Supreme Court judges attacked at home.

A crazy guy drive his car into the GGs ground looking for the PM

Convoy types show up at local councillor’s home

Threats against PPs wife

Now this.

People have become increasingly polarized to the point of insanity

We’ve had US Supreme Court judges attacked at home.

A crazy guy drive his car into the GGs ground looking for the PM

Convoy types show up at local councillor’s home

Threats against PPs wife

Now this.

People have become increasingly polarized to the point of insanity
Indeed some even attempt to allude that this is normal and should be accepted

What a shite take

Nope. Politicians and personalities have been lighting the fuse on this one for a couple of decades at least. They ought to sh!tcan their passive "will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest" rhetoric - all politicians, all commentators, all celebrities, everyone with any kind of name recognition. Every level of harassment tolerated is normalized and invites the next escalation.

Well, here's another take to ease your blood pressure then: this will surely get the Democrats' attention for a change; might make them think twice the next time they beak off wishing ill on Republican politicians or "right-leaning" justices.

Nope. Politicians and personalities have been lighting the fuse on this one for a couple of decades at least. They ought to sh!tcan their passive "will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest" rhetoric - all politicians, all commentators, all celebrities, everyone with any kind of name recognition. Every level of harassment tolerated is normalized and invites the next escalation.
Irony that one discusses them normalizing by normalizing violence against them.

I have no love for any politician of any stripe, but I deride physical violence against any politician or their family for participating in their country's political system and will play no part in "normalizing it". That some do because they "invited" it upon themselves is a dangerous slippery slope of acceptance.

So does Paul Pelosi deserve to be attacked because of "decades" of fuse building?

I would think the same if anyone attack DJT family and I detest them.....

Paul doesn't deserve it, nor did he invite it.

My point is that it is bound to happen as long as people with platforms continue to indulge in veiled "you'll be sorry" indirect threats. DJT isn't the only one whose ill-considered remarks might be capable of inciting people to violence. Progressives are fond of using crises and controversies as "teachable moments"; this would be a good one to take up.

Well, here's another take to ease your blood pressure then: this will surely get the Democrats' attention for a change; might make them think twice the next time they beak off wishing ill on Republican politicians or "right-leaning" justices.
Oh yes only the left side does that...I forgot :) Thanks for the reminder
Paul doesn't deserve it, nor did he invite it.

My point is that it is bound to happen as long as people with platforms continue to indulge in veiled "you'll be sorry" indirect threats. DJT isn't the only one whose ill-considered remarks might be capable of inciting people to violence. Progressives are fond of using crises and controversies as "teachable moments"; this would be a good one to take up.
Your point was shite because you didn't say that. You said it was normal news at 1100.

What should one infer from that? That violence against politicians by ppl with differing views is normal and should be part of our daily routine/acceptance. Absolute shite

Pure tripe regardless of what side you stand on.

As a population polarizes and wage gaps increase you probably will see more of this.

I feel bad for Mr Pelosi.

Sadly this is probably going to be more frequent as your master class becomes further from its populace and as society continues to crumble.

Keep your powder dry my guys, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Oh yes only the left side does that...I forgot :) Thanks for the reminder

Your point was shite because you didn't say that. You said it was normal news at 1100.

What should one infer from that? That violence against politicians by ppl with differing views is normal and should be part of our daily routine/acceptance. Absolute shite

Pure tripe regardless of what side you stand on.
He phrased it in a silly, and non-helpful way, but the point was pretty obvious.

When politicians and other "influencers" openly and repeatedly use phrases like "deplorable", "racist", "un-American/un-Canadian", etc., against people with whom they disagree, it escalates things.

Wedge politics is a great way to win elections, and a horrible way to govern.

He phrased it in a silly, and non-helpful way, but the point was pretty obvious.

When politicians and other "influencers" openly and repeatedly use phrases like "deplorable", "racist", "un-American/un-Canadian", etc., against people with whom they disagree, it escalates things.

He phrased it like shite...and it was shite. Condoning violence and normalizing it is a shite take regardless of side

Same as calling your political opponent evil, enemies of the people etc etc etc. Add a bunch of conspiracy theories like rigged elections, pedophile rings and people will be encouraged to take action because they listen to their leaders when they say those things.

There are no excuses for this type of thing in western democracies. Ever. Regardless of sides.

Back