• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attack at Glasgow Airport

WarmAndVertical said:
It may be telling that these guys are so incompetent.....50 gal of gas in an SUV?   (that's a typical Escalade), and nails?   What they will get is a burning car with red hot hails sitting in it.  No more dangerous than a Ford Pinto. And, if they want to make these suicide attacks, THEY will be the only ones killed.  Better for them to be  coming out of the woodwork doing these incompetent, failed attacks than planning bigger ones.....also we get to nab some to interrogate.

I know the Germans are ahead of us with their cars....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0ZsehhJHk

Now back to your Regular Programming.

Regards,
TN2IC

This is the better pinto / german vehicle clip:  >:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glcj0szvevU

Whether the attack is incompetent or not, it achieves its strategic aim. It dominated the news for hours and caused a major flap on at least two continents. The question whether or not the QM has to indent for another few sets of Virgins, 72, for the use of is another matter, and of less importance.

Latest news states that two of the perps. were doctors working for the NHS,
no wonder that they couldn't put a bomb together.All the people arrested
so far were foreigners,makes one wonder about the immigration policies,as
if you were not already wondering
                                      Regards

I'm curious as to when they will start in Canada.  Englands immagrations policies are not any more lax than Canadian, and I beleive that due to the British experiences in Northern Ireland their anti-terrorist capabilties are a little more refined than in Canada.

I often wonder of ol' OBL specifically (and under the table)  has told his guys not to act up in Canada, less they polarize our society into doing something they are currently apathetic on.

Infidel-6 said:
I'm curious as to when they will start in Canada.  Englands immagrations policies are not any more lax than Canadian, and I beleive that due to the British experiences in Northern Ireland their anti-terrorist capabilties are a little more refined than in Canada.

I often wonder of ol' OBL specifically (and under the table)  has told his guys not to act up in Canada, less they polarize our society into doing something they are currently apathetic on.

Agreed.

We are a soft target par excellence.  We have our own large, growing and apparently self sustaining Muslim underclass: disaffected young men with inadequate educations, no challenging, well paid job prospects, who are easy pickings for radical imans and sheiks in our increasingly culturally isolated (there's that word again!) suburban, neighbourhood mosques.  We are fighting, hard, in Afghanistan.  They're being taught to hate us.

Why hold back, unless they (al Qaeda et al) think the media and the 'chattering classes' have already won the 'hearts and minds' battle for them?

E.R. Campbell said:
Agreed.

They're being taught to hate us.

+1 E.R.!

Same thing going on here in Australia, more so in Sydney's radical west, and in Melbourne. Truly dangerous time ahead. ASIO and the AFP are constantly watching, bugging phones, etc.

Regards,

Wes

Just after this attack I was to fly back to Scotland  (12 hours) after spending a couple of days in Acton ( where my brother lives). I was over to pick up my youngest niece (09years old) and my nephew (11 years old). We where to land at Glasgow but had go to another airport. The public are taking the extra security as some that has to be done for the most part. If the idea was to  frighten the Scots the attack was a complete failure. We now have to wait until the trials.

Well, I am quite impressed with the speed at which suspects are being rounded up by the authorities.  Eight are now in custody.

The BBC is saying two are doctors?? One from Jordan, the other from Iraq, and of course one oftheir familes is saying ' he is a wonderful man, and would never do such a thing', ya right, how many times have we heard that crap.

I hope the one with the burns is in lots of pain today!

Glad to see 'the peaceful' religion at work again.

Wes

Up to 5 doctors.One bomb was targeting the hospital.Explode devices at the airport and when casualties are sent to hospital then you have a follow up bomb attack.SOP for the jihadists.

Savages!

The plot thickens.

Never underestimate these bastards!

Cheers,

Wes

Wes,its getting closer,keep your head down.Arrested a doctor in Oz. trying to leave
Brisbane on a one way ticket, had some connection with those arrested in the UK.
The new British Interior Minister gave a statement concerning the fight on terror,
BBC noted with admiration that she did not mention Muslims once in her speech.
Have they gone mad!.
                      Regards

Culture still matters!

I said, earlier, that: “ We have our own large, growing and apparently self sustaining Muslim underclass: disaffected young men with inadequate educations, no challenging, well paid job prospects, who are easy pickings for radical imans and sheiks in our increasingly culturally isolated (there's that word again!) suburban, neighbourhood mosques.”

Where these doctors come from?  They hardly qualify as people with “inadequate educations” and lacking “challenging, well paid” jobs, do they?  How to explain them?

Culture.

They have been through a cultural looking glass, so to speak.  Some, many or even most of the core cultural values they learned, as children of better off families in relatively sophisticated countries like Jordan and Iraq (yes, Iraq was amongst the most ‘sophisticated’ and secular societies in the region), were tossed into their faces in Britain.

Consider a couple of examples:

1. They had to work side-by-side, on a collegial basis with women doctors – including Muslim women doctors or, worse, in subordinate positions to those women.  This is contrary to what they believe to be their god’s law – it isn’t, actually, anything of the sort, so I’m told, but Arab/Persian culture values women as chattels, property and the cultural values have passed into religion.

2. Then there are the Jews … a constant problem for many, many Muslims.  Despite Islam’s historic tolerance towards Judaism and Christianity – quite benign compared, overall, to Christianity’s toleration of Islam and Judaism – modern anti-Semitism has been whipped up throughout the region over the past 60 years.  Anti-Semitism was, probably, no more pronounced in the Middle East in, say, 1920 than it was in modern, liberal Germany at the same time.  We saw what an aggressive anti-Semitic propaganda campaign could do in Germany; the same campaign (“cleanse the umma of the Jews”) is being waged in the Middle East today – we should not be surprised that educated young men would fall victim to it’s siren song; they did in Germany in the 1930s.  It must be a shock to have to work side-by-side with Jews.  For complex social-economic and cultural reasons Western Jews have placed a very high value on education with the consequence that they are statistically over-represented in the professions, including medicine.  Imagine the difficulty of being required to work, peacefully and cooperatively, beside a person you really feel you ought to kill.

Islam does not, so far as I know, require that women wear burkas and remain illiterate child-bearing machines; nor is it, relative to Christianity, overly anti-Semitic.  But, traditional Arab/Persian culture does see women and chattels and modern Arab/Persian culture is awash in virulent anti-Semitic propaganda.

So, despite having ‘advanced’ educations, which is not quite the same as being well educated, and despite being from sophisticated Middle Eastern societies these doctors might not have been willing, much less able to ‘escape’ their culture.

Edward,

Excellent summary. Now, what about an alternative explanation that, according to news reports, is being explored in the UK? This scenario is that they were a sleeper cell. In favour of that is that the members did nothing to draw attention to themselves - apparently no attendance at radical mosques; no visits to Islamist bookstores; and no statements that would indicate any extreme views. Against that is their sheer ineptitude at something as relatively simple as rigging car bombs and attacking an airport. After all, the July 2005 lot, who perhaps were a cut below them on the demographic scale, could build bombs and gather material.

For the sleeper cell scenario to work, they would have had to been radicalized prior to their move to the UK. This implies a degree of sophistication; however it is not too far off the situation of the 9/11 terrorists, whose demographic lay somewhere between the two UK groups.

In my opinion, we don't have enough information to yet reach a conclusion, and the truth may lie somewhere else. The British security forces are being close mouthed, and we may never get the whole picture.

time expired said:
Wes,its getting closer,keep your head down.Arrested a doctor in Oz. trying to leave
Brisbane on a one way ticket, had some connection with those arrested in the UK.
The new British Interior Minister gave a statement concerning the fight on terror,
Have they gone mad!.
                      Regards

Ya, heard this on the way home from work last night.

Remember, Queensland is Australia's Alberta. Pretty much de-regulated, and wide open if you get my drift. So, need I say more, ha! However, it goes to show you that these cowards are everywhere, not just in the big urban areas of our countries. I am sure there will be more arrrests and leads going after the 'few' muslims here in Queensland. They just are not as tolerated up here as they are in Sydney, and they know it.

Cheers,

Wes

time expired said:
Have they gone mad!.
                      Regards
What reeeally worries me is that this scum was practicing here. If they are happy to murder infidels with bombs, what were they doing (or not doing) to their patients in Queensland?

Benny said:
What reeeally worries me is that this scum was practicing here. If they are happy to murder infidels with bombs, what were they doing (or not doing) to their patients in Queensland?

He was employed with the Gold Coast Hospital near Surfer's Paradise, to the south of town, and apparently according to his employer, he was doing a real good job. Good sleeper, not causing any abnormailities in his day to day life. He has been named, Mohamed Haneef, 27 yrs old, a muslim of Indian origin, so google for more info. he was recruited from Liverpool in the UK, been here less than a year.

The UK is applying to have him sent to the UK, so there must be serious issues waiting. We heard one of the bombers was using his sim card in a mobile phone, and now there is siezed emails etc, so the plot thickens. Another local doctor has also been detained here for questioning. 

Cheers,

Wes

On 3AW this morning, the news was that they have until tomorrow night to formally charge him or release him. Given that the UK will want to extradite, I really hope it's the former.

Back