• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attached posting

steveyb4342

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, long time no talk.

Ive been doing some research and prepareing for an attach posting to RNFLDR. I am a bit behind the eight ball on this one seeing as how the plan is to be in NFLD in August. Anyways I am going to Stephenville for a firefighting course with the Marine Institute. I understand that there is a sub unit of RNFLDR there. From what I understand they are 2 RNFLDR C company. Am I correct? I am just attempting to make sure before I submit my memo. Does anyone have any info about this company? Size, training {alot, few and far between etc}, etc. I don't know very much about RNFLDR.

Thanks Steve  :cdn:

Thanks, I just wanted to double check. One of the links {army.ca} is where I got my info I just wanted to make sure it was up to date. For example it says that the CO of West NSR is LCol Stonier, this is incorrect. No disrespect meant, I just wanted to make sure I had up to date info.

Thanks Steve

Unit info will change all the time...
Eg: Cornerbrook and Stephenville are very close to each other... so officers can and do get assigned to one or the other - depending on needs.
Your unit BOR can point you in the right direction

Oh really? Ive never been to NFLD before, new experience. Thanks for the help and Im sorry if this was in the wrong thread, closest thing to it I thought.

Thanks Steve

MODS will probably do thier magic and move it to the appropriate location.

I think you are going to like "The Rock", the west coast is beautiful and you got Marble Mountain if you are into skiing.

Yea Im hoping it will be a good experience. I can't wait to do some touring around when I have some time off! Just out of curiosity how much time should I allow for the ferry ride?

Thanks Steve

It can vary here is a guide from Marine Atlantic:

Summer season: 5.5 - 7 hours

Remainder of the year
Day crossings: 5.5 - 7 hours
Night crossings: 7 hours

Ok thanks. My DP1 ends on July 28th and I have to get packed get to stephenville and get unpacked and check in with the school and get all my paperwork done etc by Aug 1 lol. Should be fun!

Thanks Steve

Back