• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATIS Training

hannloot

Inactive
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone is in Borden right now either on avn or ATIS course and if people are still not allowed to move family into pmqs. when I was in  before you could if there over 180 training days. now I know  avn and ATIS  will be posted to borden  for 2 years sometimes more sometimes a little less  but that is avg. I herd in march this year  that CFSAL has banned families to move. which I believe 2 years is a long time to spend away from family especially with no financial benefit  as rations and quaters are no longer covered.  so anyone with current info will be a big help thanks.

Where is ATIS training done? Is it all in Kingston or just POET then off to borden for the rest anyone know?

Unless something has changed drastically in the last five years since I got out, POET is in Kingston and ATIS QL3 is in Trenton.

hannloot said:
Do you remember the length  for PET and length for ql3 in Trenton?

According to the latest course calendar on the CFSCE site, POET is 132 training days.  ATIS QL3 is 69 training days.

I'm confirming the QL3 training location for you...stand by.

Occam said:
According to the latest course calendar on the CFSCE site, POET is 132 training days.  ATIS QL3 is 69 training days.
I'm confirming the QL3 training location for you...stand by.

All C&E Branch Occupations will be trained at "Home Station", which is Kingston.      :)

That must be a development within the last five years, then.  All of the equipment that QL3 students would get a famil on is located at ATESS in Trenton.  Unless they've duplicated it all in Kingston, that is.

ATIS QL3's are approx 3 months long (or should I say short, compared to my QL3's which are nearly 9 months long) and take place in Kingston.

Thank you to everyone who replied in this thread. I'm currently in the process of re enlisting myself as a ATIS hopeful.

Sarah_H said:
ATIS QL3's are approx 3 months long (or should I say short, compared to my QL3's which are nearly 9 months long) and take place in Kingston.

Yep, I can confirm that now.  How things change in five short years.

Anyone know when the next couple of ATIS QL3 courses will be run and/or how often they are currently running them?

BeaverMan said:
Anyone know when the next couple of ATIS QL3 courses will be run and/or how often they are currently running them?

I can't tell you when the next couple of courses will be run, but I can tell you from an authoritative source at CFSCE that a course graduated on 29 June, and another graduates on 4 October.  Only 3 or 4 courses per year are being conducted.

Occam said:
I can't tell you when the next couple of courses will be run, but I can tell you from an authoritative source at CFSCE that a course graduated on 29 June, and another graduates on 4 October.  Only 3 or 4 courses per year are being conducted.

I asked a buddy of mine who is working there and found out they're running one starting right before Christmas and then another one 3 months from then. My offer just also came in right before the weekend but did not specify if I have to do POET again. (Fingers Crossed that I don't)

Put it to you guys this way..... I was a 5's qualified LCIS / CST (and a civy tech for 15 years prior) who OT'd to ATIS.  I don't have to do POET, but they make us do the QL3's now. (before we didn't)

It's taken 1.5 years since I OT'd to have to wait for my QL3 course. Why I didn't get put on a QL3 course right away is beyond me....same thing happened with the ACISS mess in my last trade at CFSCE. At least this time I was able to go home to my wife and kids everyday unlike when I had to wait at CFSCE for a year for a non-tech course when I was sucked into ACISS.

Daywalker said:
Put it to you guys this way..... I was a 5's qualified LCIS / CST (and a civy tech for 15 years prior) who OT'd to ATIS.  I don't have to do POET, but they make us do the QL3's now. (before we didn't)

It's taken 1.5 years since I OT'd to have to wait for my QL3 course. Why I didn't get put on a QL3 course right away is beyond me....same thing happened with the ACISS mess in my last trade at CFSCE. At least this time I was able to go home to my wife and kids everyday unlike when I had to wait at CFSCE for a year for a non-tech course when I was sucked into ACISS.

Yea, you should have been prioritized provided your transfer was complete. The way they've been doing it, from at least the ATIS 5s at least, are the retreads first THEN new Aviators, even if that means knocking them off course for you. They stopped throwing up PLARs for you guys too, unfortunately .

Back