• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATIS and LCIS TECH.

Yeah I talked to my brother, his recruiting officer is Air Farce and has no clue and hasn't given him a straight answer.
Thanks for the info though guys, I'll keep looking into it further.
Cheers

Do you need Grade 12 - No, but it helps.  POET will weed you out if you struggle with math.  Lets face it, electronics theory is math!
What do LCIS guys do? - anything and everything relating ot information systems, installation of various systems (security), radios, running cable, ANYTHING.

The biggest misconception is the LCIS is primarily computers.  Computers are such a smaller corner of the LCIS universe.  I have seen many potential LCIS candidates thinking the training will be simple "because I have A++,...or, worked on computers before".....or,.....some other computer related background experience, and not make it through POET.  Theories relating to capacitance, inductance, Ohms Law, Faradays Law, Lentz's Law, Standing waves - these are just some of the items that you have to learn before you are even loaded on to your LCIS apprentice training.

It is not easy, but it is rewarding as hell.  A real accomplishment.  I would encourage anyone to try.

Hey Biggie,

I'm an ATIS Tech ... What do you need to know?

Oh man there is so much MIS- in formation in this thread. I wish people who don't know what hey are takling about wouldn't post.
I have 17 yrs as an LCIS tech. What we call ourselves now, as it was RAD tech.
I have spoken with the 227 career manager and our trade is not under strength, so there probably are NOT any bonus programs to recruit right now. But you never know.
Employment? Well you can do so many things it's crazy, that's why I like this trade. You can work with computers, radios, satellite systems, audio visual eqpt, PA systems, pull CAT 5 through hallways, telephone PBX's, dig holes in the ground with infantry, work on vehicle comms suites, HF gateawy systems, control tower systems. ( Not much anymore possibly). I have worked with 250KW transmitters down to milliwatt microwave systems and tactical comms and now I maintain telephone systems for HQ. There is quite a bit of that these days providing voice support, but also there are IP phones, so back to computers.
If you go LCIS you are going to roll the dice on what you are going to work on. If you want variety, sign up baby.

Back