• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

At least 41 dead in suicide bombings in Pakistan - 1 Jul 2010

So I guess a posting to DLR is out of the question for the greater good of most of the staff there.  >:D

I still think instead of Nuclear fire we should make bombs that infect people with atheism  8)

Apollo Diomedes said:
I still think instead of Nuclear fire we should make bombs that infect people with atheism  8)
[tangent]
Instead of atheism, we should instead teach them to RTFQ ("Read The Fucking Q'uran").  Being an Abrahamic religion, just as is Judaism and Christianity, it truly is about peace and love and shit like that.  In short, "treat people how you wish to be treated.  The rest is details."  This applies pretty evenly to all three religions.  And most other religions in the world as well.  Someone once said that "religion has caused more wars than anything else."  Maybe, maybe not.  But death from wars that were not religiously motivated certainly outnumber those from religious wars exponentially.  7 Years War (aka "French and Indian War"), War of 1812, war in Europe during Napoleon's time, Franco-Prussian War, World Wars One and Two, Korea, Viet nam.  The list goes on. 
[/tangent]
(As an aside, someone mentioned to me that "Hitler was a Catholic".  True, he was most likely raised that way, but he certainly wasn't a practicing Catholic and not the reason for his psychotic pursuit of war in the 1940's)

Anyway, where's that button?

finger-on-the-button-getty-images.jpg

Technoviking said:
In the past, our society has responded to evil by lashing out at it with everything in our inventory.  We've used terror bombings on cities, we starved our enemies into submission and we've held no quarter in unleashing "hell on earth".

Regarding area bombing. I don't know what else they could have done.
The hope was that strategic air power could end the war. And, could help to prevent the slaughter that had happened in the trenches of World War One. That bombing could bring about the collapse of Germany by April 1944, and obviate the need for D-Day.
As we know, that did not happen.
But, "If there had been no bomber offensive while Germany was being reduced in the terrible war of attrition in the east, would it have been possible for the Allies to justify the interminable delay before opening the Second Front in Europe? Would it also have been possible to avoid the enormous casualties that would have followed a D-Day in 1943?" 
Max Hastings

July 10, 2010:
"Pakistan suicide attack kills 102: Taliban claims responsibility":
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/07/10/pakistan-suicide-explosions.html

the_dont_push_me_button_tshirt-p235590878885512123q08p_400.jpg

Added: If you want Pakistan wiped out so badly, just become a spy and do something really bad in India and blame Pakistan for it.

Technoviking said:
They use weapons indiscriminately (eg: pressure plate IEDs).  They attack civilians.

and of course, the use of nuclear weapons are very discriminate? How would that make us better than them?

KrazyHamburglar said:
...How would that make us better than them?

I assume some will give the same argument that a 4-year-old would give: "Well they started it!".

KrazyHamburglar said:
and of course, the use of nuclear weapons are very discriminate? How would that make us better than them?
It's not about making us 'better'.  It's about exterminating them before they exterminate us. 

If you think war is about being better than the other guy, then you're in the wrong business.  It's about killing and destroying the other in order to protect your own.  Sometimes the destruction is simply moral destruction, in other cases, it's about turning cities into ash.

And yes, they started it, they wouldn't stop when warned, they wouldn't stop when we started hitting them, so they will stop when they are turned to ash.

"out of the mouths of babes"

Go glad-hand the locals and try to win hearts and minds somewhere else.  The carrot approach has failed.  Time to get the stick out.  I'm sorry, but it's true: if I were in charge, the power of the sun would have been unleashed long ago over certain parts of that part of the world.

Technoviking said:
It's not about making us 'better'.  It's about exterminating them before they exterminate us. 
Include pedophiles and predators in this list.

Apollo Diomedes said:
Include pedophiles and predators in this list.

Whoa whoa whoa, convicted criminals are still people and have the right to be reformed in peace (and get a pension)  ::)

[/puking in my mouth]

Back