• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ASU Toronto

Gramps

Reaction score
Not sure exactly where to put this one but, does anyone know of a good area too look at for a place to live if posted IR to ASU Toronto? I am heading there very soon so any suggestions would be appreciated.

A good place to get started is IR Solutions.  I think all their clients live in The Prelude.  When I moved here, I did a lot of searches for rentals and narrowed them down by price, neighbourhood amenties (Walk Score is an excellent tool) and location.  In that order.  When I came on my HHT, I had already mapped the apartments I wanted to look at, and already had a very good idea of the area I wanted to live in.

Gramps said:
I prefer walking distance.

Just FYI ( in case you do not know ) Downsview station is an easy walk to / from ASU.

If you use the subway, you will have a bigger selection of places to live.

Well, there are rentals right at Allen Rd and Sheppard Ave West that are within walking distance but no good amenities close by.  To give you an idea, I live just north of the 401 near Sheppard and Yonge (10 minute drive to work or take the bus) with several restaurants, bars, a grocery store, LCBO, two movies theaters and two subway stations all within a 5-10 minute walk.

PMedMoe said:
Well, there are rentals right at Allen Rd and Sheppard Ave West that are within walking distance but no good amenities close by.

They call Metropolis, "The City of the Future":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEGho3DGKGo&feature=player_embedded

An apt name, because the "future" isn't there yet.  This map is a bit misleading due to its scale.  The shopping centre (strip mall) at Bathurst and Sheppard is over 2 kms away.  At any rate, I hardly gave this one a second glance because I didn't want to be that close to work.

PMedMoe said:
An apt name, because the "future" isn't there yet. 
But it's yet another 'useful' link; when not at work, Gramps could huddle in a bus shelter and watch his future home being built. I'm sure that's what he had in mind when posting here. :nod:

<snip> Gramps could huddle in a bus shelter and watch his future home being built.

All units have been built and sold.

All four buildings are occupied.

There are units available in those four buildings for lease by the owner, or re-sale.

I confirmed the above with the builder and a realtor.

A search shows some ( complete with photos and video walk-throughs ) that are advertised for lease or re-sale.

Back