• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ask a Stupid Question.

GnyHwy

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
If there was ever a place, this is it.  Go ahead and ask the most dumbass question ever, or some dumbass question that someone else might have asked you.  Do not limit yourself to your own stupidity; please includes other's, and ask away. 

This should be taken lightly; but if it works, it may trigger some good ideas.  I will start it off.

How do combine drawing skills and blowing crap up to qualify as a skill?

Dumbass answer - demolition artist.  You draw before, during and after pictures of a building/target/whatever that you're planting your charges in.

MM

Designing structures that can't be blown up? (or at least sustain minimal damage)

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. (Although I've heard a few that come close)

cupper said:
The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. (Although I've heard a few that come close)

People who think that there is no such thing as a stupid question have never been a participant at airshows.

;D

Bill Engvall makes a living off people who ask stupid questions "Here's your sign".

Hawk

A classmate of mine on officer training asked the instructor what exactly was the purpose of Time HE (that's an HE round with a clockwork fuze to burst it in the air.)

The AIG calmly looked at him, and replied "to inflict casualties upon the enemy [long pause] Sir."

cupper said:
Designing structures that can't be blown up? (or at least sustain minimal damage)

What-The-Hell-Is-That-Arch-Made-Of_c_100647.jpg
      :nod:

My early days in the Navy giving a tour on board HMCS SAGUENAY and someone standing at the aft end of the flight deck had been looking at the Canadian Flag flutterring in the breeze and asked me "What does the 'C' in HMCS stand for?"

Journeyman said:
What-The-Hell-Is-That-Arch-Made-Of_c_100647.jpg
      :nod:

Tee hee hee.

Anyone gather why a kitchen counter costs so much?

It is because it is made of stone, and is resistent to nuclear attack.

I have been asked (As a 15 y/o by my classmates), "So, how long have you been in the navy? Have you ever gone to war? Have you ever killed someone in war? Did you get sent over to Afghanistan? Is it hot in the summer over there? (This is a Canadian 'friend') "Have you ever gone to Iraq or Iran? How about Korea?"

Yep. To save you the time looking at my profile, I am a RCSeaC. I gave my classemates explaining answers, but wow....

I am a guide at Vimy Ridge.........so related to the CF (just had to add!)

We have displays of information in the 'museum' area in English, French and German.

A group of british girls are standing discussing one of  the panels. I realize they are trying to figure out what the third language is. They finally decide that it must be 'Canadian'.  One of them finally approaches me and  asks if it was Canadian.......

'Can you say something in Canadian for me' (asked in French, by a French student). He seemed shocked when he heard it was the same as English.

:D

ArmySailor said:
'Can you say something in Canadian for me' (asked in French, by a French student). He seemed shocked when he heard it was the same as English.

Hehehehe... Nice one.

ArmySailor said:
I am a guide at Vimy Ridge.........so related to the CF (just had to add!)

We have displays of information in the 'museum' area in English, French and German.

A group of british girls are standing discussing one of  the panels. I realize they are trying to figure out what the third language is. They finally decide that it must be 'Canadian'.  One of them finally approaches me and  asks if it was Canadian.......

Large double double and a 20 pack of assorted dog nuts, eh.

ArmySailor said:
'Can you say something in Canadian for me' (asked in French, by a French student).

"You are a dumbass"

I get a LOT of dumb questions for Firefighting...

"Since you're a volunteer Firefighter, do you see fires?"

"Do things get hot when you're fighting a fire?"

"Do you see a lot of things other people don't?"

Or my personal favorite....

"I bet you have PTSD"

(Bare in mind, these are asked by my 18-15 year old classmates. I am 17, Volunteer firefighting for over 1.5 years.)

Why is it called a pineapple?

Are they really in disguise when there is a giant faction symbol is on the hood of the car?

Do chics really dig scars?  Is that why my wife likes the Lion King so much?

Back