• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

artrillery training

A

Andrew

Can anyone tell me what battleschool in shilo is like? Is it somewhat comparable to the infantry battleschool or is it completely different?

Thanks

Andrew

Your training will be done at WATC ADS in Shilo. The courses usually run from Sept-Dec or Jan-Apr.

The first part of the crse is called the common phase where you take crew served weapons, NBCD, defensive ops etc. There are a couple of range practises and 1-2 three day FTXs.If I remember correctly this phase runs to to mid Oct;Feb, early Nov;Mar.

Then you move into the gunnery phase where you learn to be Det Mbr on a 105mm C3. You will have two dry exs and one 3-4 day live fire at the end of the crse. Unon firing your first live rd, you will recieve and are entiled to wear the artillery cap badge. Upon graduation you are all normally posted a Regt (if English, 1 or 2 RCHA) where you will normally recieve (appox 5 days) conversion on the actual gun your battery uses (either M109 or LG1)

The crse instructors are normally from 1 RCHA, with Crse TSM and TC coming from WATC ADS. The crse nomially is only 5 days a week, but don‘t expect to have free time for at least 6 weeks. You have to pass the BSMs and BCs inspections before you expect weekend passes and that doesn‘t usually occur until the gunnery phase.

The crse is a good one and includes daily PT and if I‘m not mistaken the 13km BFT. Once you gradute, you will have all the tools you require to become an effective detachment member and will have beome a member of the best Regiment in the Army.

Once a Gunner, Always a Gunner.

I‘m interested in going reg force arty; I‘d like to hear your feedback, and how you‘ve come to the conclusion that it‘s the army‘s best regiment. Which unit would you consider the better posting?

Back