• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Artillery Rank Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

krimynal

Inactive
Reaction score
hey guys , quick question

I know that the usual ranks are Private , Corporal , Master Corporal , Sergeant , Warrant , Master warrant , Chief warrant ..... but I also know that in the artillery they have different ranks name like Corporal is a Gunner I think ?? ( I know here in Quebec they call themselves : Bombardier ) I was wondering , if you walk up to someone in the reserve Unit , eventhought its a Artillery unit , there are people in it that are not artillery , is it wrong to call someone Corporal if he is technically a gunner ???

I'm just wondering because I always look at the rank and call them by the ranks they have but since in the artillery they have like different name , I don't know if its wrong or not !

Please!

We have whole topics on RANK and RANK STRUCTURES and ______________

A Cpl is not a Gunner if he is in the Artillery.....He would be a Bombardier.

A MCpl would be a Master Bombardier.

A Pte would be the Gunner.

IF (s)he is not Artillery, do not address them as such.

Now go read some more.

Unofficial Variations
Some regiments/branches use special rank titles. These are not authorized under the QR&Os, but are widely used. They are as follows:

Rank                           Artillery                

Trained Private           Gunner
Corporal                   Bombardier
Master Corporal   Master Bombardier

but it wouldn't be wrong if I called a Master Bombardier , Master Corporal ?   

( this is where I got the info : http://milnet.ca/wiki/index.php/Rank_Structure_of_the_CF )

The (previous) MND announced that the Army would again be officially using those rank nomenclatures.  The related QR&O amendments are, presumably, in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back