• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Artillery in WWI

M

MAJOR_Baker

I was hoping for help in trying to find out which Battalion my Grandfather served in WWI...He was in the 53rd Battery of the CDN 2nd Division. As of yet I have been unable to find anything on CDN WWI Order of Battle. I would also like to know what type of Cap Badge and Insignia would he have worn? In 1919. he held the rank of SGT. Any leads would be appreciated.

Try this link Major.

Punch in as many details as you can (name etc.) and it should give you a start.

http://www.archives.ca/02/02010602_e.html

Oh Cornwallis, defeated in the Americas, but a decent comeback in India (mind I can think of more than one Brit General that could apply to)Arrogance knows no national boundaries.

Have you tried some of the links Mike has assembled on this site, or Michael Dorosh‘s site (the link is in his sig line) They might lead to more specifics ie regimental histories.

A good place to start to look would be to contact the Museum in Shilo:

Royal Canadian Artillery Museum
CFB Shilo
Box 5000 Stn Main
Shilo MB R0K 2A0

They should be able to tell what Artillery Regiment (Battalion) the Bty belonged to. Although at the time I’m pretty sure Batteries were formed into Field Artillery Brigades.

Sorry I don’t have an e-mail or web site address for them. Maybe someone else can provide that.

Back