• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Article on BMQ

Chaz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals
Just got back a few weeks ago from my 13 week BMQ in Borden where we had a reporter embedded with our platoon for a few days.
I thought some of you may find this interesting:
http://www.thestar.com/article/160235
Happy holidays to everyone
Chase

Chaz, thanks for the link. I was so mad when I forgot my copy of the Star in the train station in Ottawa on the 17th. I thought it was a great article. Very well written.

Been posted before in another topic but it is a good article.  Going to CFB Borden in 8 days.. can't wait.

That was a very interesting article.I'm joining reserves when I turn 16 , probably as a combat engineer .

Fantastic article!!

The best part had to be this "People think that it's so hardcore that most won't make it," says Pte. Ryan Joynt, 24. "But if you want to succeed, they'll help you to succeed."

Thanks for posting it!

Yeah, it was good fun, a little odd having reporters around. You had to watch what you said at some points in time. They put some stuff in the article that I never said.
Well, I did, but they mixed it up.
damn reporters....

The RCR's are gonna chew you up in Meaford......."Chaz"..........keep your nose clean

But this isn't Kandahar, where Canadian soldiers are currently dying at a rate higher than any other NATO force in the war-torn country

*grrr*.

Pte. Denise Leighton, whose husband is a signal operator in the military, waited until she was 35, not only for the relaxed physical fitness requirements

Seriously?

As a result she also became the "Most physically fit", take that for what its worth

Back