• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

article: Nanotech could make humans immortal by 2040

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Riiiiight.  ::)

Nanotech could make humans immortal by 2040, futurist says:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9138726/Nanotech_could_make_humans_immortal_by_2040_futurist_says?taxonomyName=Development&taxonomyId=11

What's really depressing is how many honorary science degrees this guy has been given.

They are called Technological Utopianism (Wikipedia gives good ref).

I should hire him to help me to fill my grant applications...

CougarDaddy said:
Nanotech could make humans immortal by 2040, futurist says:

I'm still waiting for the moon base and the flying cars I was promised in the '60's. Not to mention the 3 day work week computers were supposed to give us.

Somehow I don't think I am going to want my 70 year old self to be immortal when that gets perfected

Teflon said:
Somehow I don't think I am going to want my 70 year old self to be immortal when that gets perfected

I think the part of the idea of nanotech making one immortal is rejuvenating the cells of your body.

Besides, by the time present folks who reach 70 in the next decades will be much healthier and not look as old in comparison to people in their 70s today. Heck, there are 70 year olds out there that look like they are in their late 40s to early 50s. 

Anyway, after watching the movie Gamers especially, I would look at any nanotech for the body suspiciously.

Back