• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Article about the Canadians in Afghanistan in VFW Magazine

Red 6

Inactive
Reaction score
The March 2007 issue of Veterans of Foreign Wars Magazine has an outstanding article entitled "We are Fighting Evil: Canadian Forces in Afghanistan" It is one of the longer articles I've seen in the magazine and mentions each of the Regular Army regiments, a bit about their history and a detailed look at the Canadian participation in combat in Afghanistan. It portrays the Canadian Army as "top notch troops" and has a quote from General Hillier about Al Qaeda: "These are detestable murderers and scumbags who detest our freedoms and want to break our society." The article talks each Canadian operation in Afghanistan and devotes almost a page to Operation Medusa. There's also a table of the wars Canadians have fought in since World War I that takes up half a page. It lists each war, the number of troops that served overseas, the number killed and the number wounded.

Sadly, this article isn't yet available online. I'll post a link ASAP when VFW puts it in the archive. (I just got my copy of the magazine yesterday.) In the meantime, if anyone who served in Afghanistan, or is there now, wants a copy, send me your address and I'll burn a hard copy for you.

I just wanted to let all our Canadian brothers and sisters in arms know that down south, we remember what you're doing for freedom.

Back