• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army reserve to Air reserve

techfor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi!

After how many time it's possible to switch from army reserve to air reserve? I heard that this is not possible before at least 3 years of service due to the BMQ which is not the same between the two elements.

techfor said:
Hi!

After how many time it's possible to switch from army reserve to aviation reserve? I heard that this is not possible before at least 3 years of service due to the BMQ which is not the same between the two elements.

I'm assuming you mean the Air Reserve?  The BMQ is exactly the same. Depending on what the contract you was that you signed there will be an amount of time that you will not be allowed to switch trades, I think that it was a year, but that was 14 years ago. That being said, I think that most units will allow the transfer. Of course, if they won't let you, you could always release and rejoin.

Yes .. air reserve!

The BMQ here is in week-end or full time this summer for the Army reserve and BMQ Air Reserve is the same that the regular so at St-Jean. The recruiter for the Air reserve  told me that they do not recognize the army reseve BMQ because it's too short.

I don't know that there is a time constraint.  If you are already in the Reserves, and you were talking to an Air Reserve recruiter, did you ask them about changing?

That's where I'd start.  So, you might have to re-do BMQ.  No biggy...it's BMQ.  No surprises on the course.

Back