• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Junior Staff Officer (AJSO) Course

For those in the PRes, do you know how many Class A days the DL portions count for? I intended to verify after the course, but it seems to no longer give me access to the content.

Thanks
Mike

This may help Mike....

This from CACSC Online Learning Centre :

IMPORTANT CURRICULUM CHANGES

Effective immediately the criteria for completion of AJOSQ have changed. These changes are effective
immediately and affect both RegF and PRes registrants. In most cases these changes reduce or eliminate
curriculum. Please carefully review the following:

Ed O 201 (JTECH)
RegF - no change, training time 8.5 dys
PRes - no change, training time 8.5 dys

Ed O 202 (JGSD)
RegF - eliminated, however curriculum remains for optional reading only, training time 0 dys
PRes - eliminated, however curriculum remains for optional reading only, training time 0 dys

Ed O 203 (JORG)
RegF - eliminated, training time 0 dys
PRes - eliminated, training time 0 dys

PO 201 (JLDR)
RegF - no change, OPME - training time 18 dys
PRes - no change, training time 5.5 dys

PO 202 (JLAW)
RegF - no change, OPME training 2.5 dys
PRes - no change, OPME training time 2.5 dys

PO 203 (JDEFM)
RegF - no change, OPME - training 2.5 dys

PO 204 (JTRG)
RegF - reduced (JTrg.04 eliminated), training time 1.5 dys
PRes – reduced (JTrg.04 eliminated), training time 1.5 dys

PO 205 (JRES)
RegF - eliminated, training time 0 dys

Revised training time
RegF - 33 dys
PRes - 18 dys

Effective immediately the new criteria will apply to all registrants. A comprehensive review of all
student files will be conducted to identify those students who have completed all of the new criteria and
grant them the course code. Students are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure that an
electronic copy of their MPRR is submitted as proof of completion of the OPME requirements of AJOSQ.

I know you're trying to help there NFLD Sapper, but you've listed the pay portion for the old cancelled course. According to the documents which I'll link tonight once I'm at DWAN, the new AJSO only has 3 days authorised pay for the DL portions. The below is not in effect for AJSO.

NFLD Sapper said:
This may help Mike....

This from CACSC Online Learning Centre :

Mike PM me I've got documentation in a DWAN email I can send you with the appropriate references for the entirety of the Army PD model including the pay authorization for your area/div.

NSDreamer said:
I know you're trying to help there NFLD Sapper, but you've listed the pay portion for the old cancelled course. According to the documents which I'll link tonight once I'm at DWAN, the new AJSO only has 3 days authorised pay for the DL portions. The below is not in effect for AJSO.

Roger that, it was the only stuff I could find on the interweb...

No worries! We can only ever do our best!  8)

NFLD Sapper said:
Roger that, it was the only stuff I could find on the interweb...

Just a small update.  Once you complete Mod 3 Pt 2 you need your CO to sign off that you met all the requirements.  It is faxed or scanned and send to CACSC.  Due to DLN being so awesome and user friendly you will get a similar email to this.

When designed the course on DLN was intended to automatically update HRMS and therefore your MPRR with the MITE code for each module as you complete it and once all MITE codes were in place the Qual Code would be issued by the college. However, DLN has finally informed us that this functionality will not be built in for 2-3 years so you have not seen your MPRR updated yet.

In addition we have been sending hasteners to DPGR for an update on the issue of the qual code for AJSO for over a year now and they have just informed us that we will need to re-submit from the beginning. It is anticipated that we will have the code within the next six months so that should show up on your MPRR around that time. As an interim measure we will use the Mod 3 Pt 2 MITE code to track who is qualified and we will maintain a database here at the college and inform the career managers of the graduates.

Please forward your certificates for each of Mod 1, 2 & 3 Pt 1 to me as PDF. To print your certificates, go to completed learning and print certificates as PDF. Once we have the certificates our Ops will update MITE with the code for Mod 3 Pt 2 which is the only manual MITE code that we enter. Do not be surprised if in 2 -3 years you suddenly see the other three codes show up on your MPRR.

Since this is a manual process, the college only updates MITE once a week for all of the certificates received that week. HRMS will automatically update within 24 hrs after MITE has been updated and your career manager will be able to see your qualification. It will then take an additional 48 hrs for EMMA for to be automatically updated and you will see it on your MPRR.

Our PD system for jr officers is a fucking joke!  Pardon the expletives!  It needed to be said!

RoyalDrew said:
Our PD system for jr officers is a ******* joke!  Pardon the expletives!  It needed to be said!

What we made it a crse on DLN it must be awesome along with CTAT, IM, Green procurement and all the other useless powerpoints stats. 

Did anyone find this course useful?  There is no Navy equivalent, so if it's on DLN I might take a look at the contents.

Navy_Pete said:
Did anyone find this course useful?  There is no Navy equivalent, so if it's on DLN I might take a look at the contents.

Mod 1 & 3 are decent.  Mod 2 is a bit over the top and generally isn't that useful.  The caveat I will add it's that mod 3 is only good if someone's CoC does their due diligence and makes sure their folks do a good relevant training plan.  Not so much an issue for combat arms types but I have seen folks use planning a BBQ as their "training plan" and their CoC signs off on it.

MJP said:
Mod 1 & 3 are decent.  Mod 2 is a bit over the top and generally isn't that useful.  The caveat I will add it's that mod 3 is only good if someone's CoC does their due diligence and makes sure their folks do a good relevant training plan.  Not so much an issue for combat arms types but I have seen folks use planning a BBQ as their "training plan" and their CoC signs off on it.

How is planning a BBQ a trg plan?  :facepalm:

MJP said:

Thanks, I don't think I will actually have a chance to complete the training plan (unless it's pretty broad in what it allows and I could use some of the project schedule planning I'm doing in whatever the format is), so was more looking at reading through it as a famil, so it's not all greek if I get jammed into relish pajamas and sent off somewhere to do something completely new on short/no notice as per the SOP.

I completed this course over the past few months. I can't find where it says who the pays 3 + 5 days of Cl A. Is the unit responsible for it or is it a national budget?

Mr. St-Cyr said:
I completed this course over the past few months. I can't find where it says who the pays 3 + 5 days of Cl A. Is the unit responsible for it or is it a national budget?

It should have been on the course message... check with your OR/Ops Staff...

I did. The only answer I got was a shrug of the shoulders. I guess I'll just slap the pay sheets on their desk with the course certificates printed out and let them sort it out.

I believe all of these have always been a part of the unit's responsibility as part of your 37.5 individual training days.

Mr. St-Cyr said:

It depends on which Div you're in, there is no one answer.  I don't know how each Div is doing it, so telling me what Div you're in won't help either :)  I only know the "big hand/small map" answer...

CTC has control of all funds for Army PRes Individual Training. For AJSO, they have released the funds to the Divs.  If your Ops people don't know, Bde should, and Div definitely does.  The person in Gagetown has told the Divs numerous times how people who complete AJSO are to be paid.

(I'm the person who the DLN sends this question to when people send it to the DLN help desk...I have answered it numerous times already. Shoot me a PM if you want more details.)

Mr. St-Cyr said:

Is it only 3 + 5 days? I had heard it was 18, not long after the curriculum changes were announced from AJOSQ to AJSO...which was down itself from something like 30 plus days.

It's sure as **** taking longer than 8 days to complete AJSO...

Be thankful it's not the old AJOSQ. I did the 30 day one, just before they downsized it. I will say this for the record, it was FAR too much information. The tech portion alone required you to read a 300+ page pam front to back on technical specs of equipment. After this there was a 200 question long random sampling multiple choice exam. To give you two of the goldies, one question showed 4 different formula's and asked you which one was the right one to calculate lift of helicopter rotors, the other golden exam gave 4 different numbers and asked you to calculate the parabolic arc of a artillary shell and tell you how far it would go based on the charges.

I'm a Log O. Explain to me in gods names when in gods name I would use that information. Most. Painful. Exam. Ever.

That being said the Leadership mod had some awesome essays on leadership from past wars so....eeeeeeh  :dunno:

Back