• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Fitness Training - Injuries & Causes

Grapeshot

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
I'm currently in a bunfight with Veterans Affairs Canada regarding a potential disability pension. It seems that arthritis in both knees, both feet, and one side of my hip cannot be directly attributable to 29 years of Army service and training.

I'm looking for direction on where to find background information (for those long enough in the tooth to remember) concerning the old 2 x10 miler,  LFCA Warrior fitness testing, and the standards for the current BFT.

It appears that I have to prove "cause' of the injuries and how they are directly attributable to military service. The fact that there is no pre-existing condition, and there are medical entries in my service records do not meet VAC’s test!  Unless there is a completed CF 98, the injuries are deemed to have not been attributable to service!

Feedback would be much appreciated.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
430
I feel for you.  I wonder what VAC is thinking, when they deal with us who served and were injured prior to the invention of the CF98?

I have had to advise some guys in the past, to get in contact with long lost friends and acquaintances who were present when a injury was incurred in the past, and have them give written statements.  It is a long and sometime futile process to track down someone who may have been with you when you were injured twenty or more years ago, but in some cases it can be done.  If you have your Medical Records, for time and place of injury, it can help in the writing of these statements.

I am surprised that the people at VAC are not smart enough to realize that the CF 98 is a relatively recent thing (last 15 to twenty years) and there are former members who will never have filled one out.
 

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
775
Points
1,040
Grapeshot said:
I'm currently in a bunfight with Veterans Affairs Canada regarding a potential disability pension. It seems that arthritis in both knees, both feet, and one side of my hip cannot be directly attributable to 29 years of Army service and training.

I'm looking for direction on where to find background information (for those long enough in the tooth to remember) concerning the old 2 x10 miler,  LFCA Warrior fitness testing, and the standards for the current BFT.

It appears that I have to prove "cause' of the injuries and how they are directly attributable to military service. The fact that there is no pre-existing condition, and there are medical entries in my service records do not meet VAC’s test!  Unless there is a completed CF 98, the injuries are deemed to have not been attributable to service!

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Ouch that sucks dude.  I feel your pain and have known a few guys in your situation.

I would try and find medical studies that correlate long service in physical jobs to maladies suffered later in life.  They can only serve as proxies for actual medical records and CF98s for you but can help you make a better case.  Finding a doctor that is willing to attest that your injuries can be attributed to service would go a long way as well.  Hope it helps and good luck.
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Do you have your own GP?

If not get one.  Then begin the process of having that Doctor work with you, and any specialists, to determine that your injuries are attributable to your service.  Any Doctor can tell how certain types of stress injuries, can be attributable to types of Jobs. 

This is the type of information that VAC requires.  Medical documentation, that is legal.

dileas

tess
 

Wookilar

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
The DM dude from VAC (or whoever the talking head was, anyone remember?) that was here in Gagetown for the "town hall" a few months ago said, and I quote, "You do not need a CF98 to process a claim."

Anyone else remember that one?

Wook
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Wookilar said:
The DM dude from VAC (or whoever the talking head was, anyone remember?) that was here in Gagetown for the "town hall" a few months ago said, and I quote, "You do not need a CF98 to process a claim."

Anyone else remember that one?

Wook

And he is correct.  A CF98 is a valuable document, that will make a claim much easier to be processed.

The VAC rep I work with, says this in all of her unit briefs.

dileas

tess
 

medicineman

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
680
Points
1,010
the 48th regulator said:
And he is correct.  A CF98 is a valuable document, that will make a claim much easier to be processed.

The VAC rep I work with, says this in all of her unit briefs.

dileas

tess

Got the same thing in RTW training last week.  The big thing is getting injuries/pains documented, which alot of people just ignore, especially some of us older generation ones that wouldn't go to the MIR for a little owee until it becomes a big owee, and is often too late by that point.

MM
 
Top