• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Captain recommends bringing sex workers up to the lines to relieve stress

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
Old Sweat said:
After Paardeberg 2 RCRI marched cross country to Bloemfontein and camped out on the veldt. Somehow in this period 15 troops caught the clap.

Soapsually  Transmitted Disease?

Old Sweat said:
The Canadian Army has also traditionally had trouble keeping it in its collective pants.

Read this regarding RCAF Bomber Command during the war,

"( Bomber ) Harris's men had the highest rate of venereal disease in the R.A.F. and No. 6 Group's Canadians a rate fiver times higher than anyone else's."
Bomber Command by Sir Max Hastings
page 215

A Burning Passion: Venereal Disease in No. 6 Group RCAF

The problem was particularly troublesome for the command staff of No. 6 “Canadian” Group during their aircrew's long stay in England.

The Canadians seem to have been particularly effected by venereal disease from such encounters. In 1942 and 1943, the rate of the Canadian group was six to seven times higher than bomber groups generally. Bomber Command as a whole had a high rate of VD, and in August 1943, No. 6 Group doubled the average rates. The Canadian's aircrew rates were generally four times higher than ground crew, suggesting either that a culture of promiscuity had arisen among aircrew, or that the stresses of flying bombers at night over hostile territory lead to lusty forms of escapism.

Air Marshal Harris’ “characteristically ruthless” response in January 1943 was to treat all VD cases as malingerers, removing any flights recorded on their tour.
http://ocanadianhistory.blogspot.ca/2012/10/a-burning-passion-venereal-disease-in.html

Harris chose to interpret succumbing to such frailties as a deliberate attempt to escape attacking Germany. He decreed that any man who contracted VD during his “tour” of 30 operations should be obliged to start the whole cycle over again.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/culture/air-force-blue-raf-world-war-two-patrick-bishop-review-5vpp8nkqk

CEF in WW1:
Twelve per cent of all illnesses among the men of the CEF were from sexually transmitted diseases, which were treated by the army as a self-inflicted wound. This classification could influence postwar pensions and result in 1919 in delayed repatriation. The more conscientious soldiers probably resorted to mastuXXXXX or ...

Canada's Army: Waging War and Keeping the Peace
By J. L. Granatstein

END QUOTE

VD considered a self-inflicted wound
https://www.google.ca/search?dcr=0&ei=vSMrWsz9AqWPjwSIjrP4BQ&q=%22venereal+disease%22+%22self-inflicted+wound%22&oq=%22venereal+disease%22+%22self-inflicted+wound%22&gs_l=psy-ab.3...22562.43682.0.45117.6.6.0.0.0.0.134.661.2j4.6.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.105...35i39k1.0.KFaIkgl8Cqc

Old Sweat said:
The Canadian Army has also traditionally had trouble keeping it in its collective pants. One obscure incident I found when researching my book on the Canadians in the Boer War. After Paardeberg 2 RCRI marched cross country to Bloemfontein and camped out on the veldt. Somehow in this period 15 troops caught the clap.

I think the Aussies might of been there ahead of them. 

Per Breaker Morant's sidekick Lt Handcock

...the most serious charge facing the men is the murder of Reverend Hess. Handcock’s excuse is that he was getting it on with not one, but two Boer women, back to back. He even gets written depositions from each of the women explaining that indeed he was busy on the day in question. When the leader of the court marshal says, “Mr. Handcock, these are married women!” Handcock responds, “No one’s ever missed a slice off a cut loaf.”

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1760/breaker-morant/

Takes women-privilage to write an article like this without getting vilified.

jollyjacktar said:
I can imagine the adults are not keen about her suggestions.

Years ago there was talk about opening a massage parlor in Petawawa. For once it wasn't the Petawawa mafia families that shut it down but rather some concerned wives.

Cloud Cover said:
Soapsually Sheeply Transmitted Disease?

FTFY

Doesn't this sort of go in the face of OP HONOUR or would it support it in a fashion?

:pop:

MM

Chris Pook said:
I think the Aussies might of been there ahead of them. 

Per Breaker Morant's sidekick Lt Handcock

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1760/breaker-morant/

Oh come on...

medicineman said:
FTFY

Doesn't this sort of go in the face of OP HONOUR or would it support it in a fashion?

:pop:

MM

As long as they are wearing the right buttons and bows, along with the right capbadge, then it would work. The question is; "Which is the right capbadge?"

Maybe one of these?

Attachments

• special-night.jpg
    special-night.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 218
  • a35ce91a0bbd70e4eff5a3aa2da443fb.jpg
    a35ce91a0bbd70e4eff5a3aa2da443fb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 210
Staff Weenie said:
I seem to recall there were three ladies and a goon (pimp?) from Eastern Europe who hung around New Canada House in KAF - at least until the staff would chase them out the door..... There were also those young ladies at the Thai 'Massage Parlour' on the boardwalk. They were all brought to the R3MMU for medical exams after it was shut down. Our CO was livid at the way they'd been treated by their boss.

I'm not passing any judgement on it, just noting that it's been around since armies have been around. Even in as tightly controlled a base as KAF they got in somehow.

Oh yes...the women who used to wash their underwear in the same sinks we would brush our teeth from.  Classy.

Never heard of women hanging around Canada house.

I was on the boardwalk when the Thai massage parlor got busted. I heard the women's living conditions were subhuman. A bunch of them crammed into a sea can after their passports were taken away by whoever brought them in.  I know the Russian (?) massage place had a rule where they would contact the military police of soldiers made any sort of proposition to them.

I had a wonderful massage at the Thai parlour in 2008 no happy ending offered or received.  I know their living conditions were deplorable; mine weren't much better in the trailers with two snoring roommates from different countries who fought over the temperature and the occasional short stay migrants from random countries.

If entitled to Registered Massage Therapy ( RMT ) as a benefit, I would highly recommend taking advantage of it.
I've been going to the same RMT for years. She's from Japan, and has certainly done my body and soul a world of good.

Back