• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Wiki

Wow, thanks for the hard work on the Regiments. I'm sure we'll have a few people come in to fill in the gaps for us. In the mean time, I'm taking a look at the spell checker issues...

Thanks
Mike

van Gemeren said:
Okay, every infantry regiment except JTF-2 has at least something on each page.
I surprised that some haven't been worked on, (I looking at the 48th and other units that have a lot of members here)

On a side note, the spell check three times in a row did not recognise the word "the"

I added the Colonel and chief, and the birthdate!! :D

dileas

tess

That looks like a place that could answer a lot of question filled first posts.

MCG said:

Exactly; think we can bribe kincanucks to start writing articles there? :)

I've added a few things that provide a skeleton to answer the oft repeated "how is the army structured" question.

I put in most of the units in the Res CBGs. Please correct any mistakes that I have made, particularly in the the two french ones, (my french is bad)

MCG said:

FR(epeated)AQ in the Forum:

"I've just finished a joint, if I smoke one tommorow, how will that affect my application"
"So how do I get into the JTFninjasnipercomando Force?"

Michael Dorosh said:
Exactly; think we can bribe kincanucks to start writing articles there? :)

I Like aesop081's answers better.. :blotto:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/43026.0.html

the 48th regulator said:
I added the Colonel and chief, and the birthdate!! :D

dileas

tess

I saw that.  ;D Good work.

Along with the FAQ's (Which will take a lot of work), an idea that springs to mind after reading yet another of Big Bad John's daily "Today in History" posts, is exactly that; Today in History.  Perhaps we could move that over to the Wiki side; divided into two segments; Candian and Foreign.  On the same note, a Calendar of Events, Past, Present and Future.  Just some crude ideas, that just 'arrived undeveloped'.

George Wallace said:
Along with the FAQ's (Which will take a lot of work), an idea that springs to mind after reading yet another of Big Bad John's daily "Today in History" posts, is exactly that; Today in History.  Perhaps we could move that over to the Wiki side; divided into two segments; Candian and Foreign.  On the same note, a Calendar of Events, Past, Present and Future.  Just some crude ideas, that just 'arrived undeveloped'.

Please do, I stopped posting them because of work/time constraints.

We could also move over the dictionary.

37 CBG doesn't have a picture yet, I was wondering if someone could take it from the photo gallery
http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Insignia/37_CBG_CREST.jpg

make it smaller and move it over. There are also some insignia's that might be useful for future use in the photo gallery.

van Gemeren said:
We could also move over the dictionary.

37 CBG doesn't have a picture yet, I was wondering if someone could take it from the photo gallery
http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Insignia/37_CBG_CREST.jpg

make it smaller and move it over. There are also some insignia's that might be useful for future use in the photo gallery.

The wiki will size it automatically, just put |150px  in the Image tag.

I've noticed lately that the wiki options are scrunched over the forum options. I have the page fully maximized on IE.

I think it is also time to start working on the non-combat arms, the problem is that I don't know their structure.

Yeah, I've taken the menu out all together, it doesn't seem to work well with the Wiki. The sidebar now has links back to Army.ca. Not perfect, but it'll do for now.

Gee, talk about well informed guys!! Sheesh...I'm intimidated by all that knowledge running around loose ;D

Actually, I am just amazed at how the wiki has taken off and the value and depth of knowledge being contributed...kinda makes me feel like a romper room reject :crybaby:

GAP said:
Gee, talk about well informed guys!! Sheesh...I'm intimidated by all that knowledge running around loose ;D

Actually, I am just amazed at how the wiki has taken off and the value and depth of knowledge being contributed...kinda makes me feel like a romper room reject :crybaby:

I don't know, I have no military experience, you've got more than I. All I do is cut, paste and change around.

GAP said:
but, there are still a lot of blanks waiting for someone to add thier 2 cents & fill them in.

First I have to go to "How it Works.com" and find out how my Tonka toys really work ;D

I can help teach, its just that my information bucket is empty and I've given all I could in regards to content.

GAP, if you need help, I can try to help you, I have a technique that might help (I think, I haven't tried it yet).

I've put up pages for the Royal Marines and associated Commando Units, as well as a good start on The Dutch Marines and The Irish Defence Forces.  If anyone else wants to have a go at putting up pages for other foreign forces, in particular Australia and the US I'd appreciate the help.

van Gemeren said:
I think it is also time to start working on the non-combat arms, the problem is that I don't know their structure.

Just added my favourite branch.  Even resisted the urge to add a section of jokes about military intelligence and other oxymorons...

You will notice a new section on the main page entitled "People", with the first two entries being a work in progress on Gen. Hillier and Capt Goddard.  Please feel free to contribute to either of these entries or enter your own for people past and present in the Forces.  Just a reminder about biographies on present commanders, remember OPSEC please.

Back