• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Staff Interview: the 48th regulator

Yes,

I did consider a career in the regular force.

Positions were few, and It was hard to get in in the late 80's early '90's.  An opportunity did come up, where the PPCLI was offering positions and a a few guys from the regiment signed up. I did not jump at that chance, and I surely regretted it. I even considered going to Britain to Join the regular Army there, but thought it best to come back to Canada.  I tried College for a bit, and found it boring.  The tour came and I said this is an excellent opportunity to do some good training, go overseas, and possibly use it to enter the Regular force.

After being injured, although I jumped right into to working with the military, I turned down many, many offers to go right into the battalion.  It was like I just did not want anything to do with the regular day in and day out work.  I decided the reserves was good enough.

Do I regret not taking all those chances to go Regular, at times I sure do.  But I would rather regret the things that I have done, than the ones I haven't.

dileas

tess

I have a two part question ,so I will type slowly and try not to lose you...ha ha

1) Have you gone back to Croatia since 94-95? Just to visit, as I know a few people who were on the tour have gone back to see the old AOR.

2) If you had the chance to go back, would you?

Ben

1.  I have always wanted to go back and visit the AOR.  I really enjoyed my time there.  I have a friend who just finished film school, and we toyed with the idea of shooting a documentary.  so the idea to go back is definitely in the works

2. As in would I do it all over again?  Most definitely!  I had the best time ever.  The Regiment (1RCR) treated us like gold.  We felt part of the battalion.  The training was excellent, and the people we worked with were tops, especially my section!

dileas

tess

Back