• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Logo

Burrows

Make good life choices.
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Its pretty cool now don't you think?

Where could I acquire a copy of the poppy/ies graphic as shown in the header?  Please advise.

Looks good, shouldn't the center be black however ?

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=teach_resources/poppy

"Will Poppies with green centres be sold as well as Poppies with black centres?

The Royal Canadian Legion is changing the colour of the Poppy centre back to black, from the green centres used since 1980. Since this is a transition year, Poppies with green centres and black centres will be distributed this year. This is the last year that Poppies with green centres will be distributed."

The site was last Updated: 1999-10-21 ... which would mean the last time you would have seen green centers was in '99, I know last year both colours where still around, those with green ones were asked to use a black marker to make them black, until they they got us some black ones.

Good morning y'all.  The discussion and link to the Canadian Veteran Affairs page about the poppies are very interesting. Here in the states, the Veterans of Foreign Wars distributes poppies on Veteran's Day, but I've never really known the story behind the flowers. Not much is publicized here about that.  For the majority of us, they're just a little red flower you get for a donation to the VFW.  Now I know the rest of the story.

As well as on the buttons.

Yep, that was my "1am" project last night. :)

HI there mike nice job on the Logo looks good

I thought there was something wrong with my monitor or my browser because the screen was getting blurry over the buttons....

Get off the stage.

I'm coldhearted its true.

Back