• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arktis 1606 Sigma Vest Reviews

Caleix

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has used this vest or any other Arktis Rigs, i'd like opinions so i have a well rounded idea of what to expect if i purchase it. Please post advice that pertains to current tours in afghanistan, and personal experience not second hand word of mouth.

The arktis battle vest was issued as part of the load bearing trial that we conducted while deployed in 08. IMHO Arktis quality has gone down hill. Pouches ripped off the base rig, straps frayed, velcor stitching ripped off, in short the arktis vest we were issued were of a low quality. In addition to the battle vest (issued for trial) several guys in my platoon used personally purchased arktis rigs (I believe it was the NL rig). They had the same issues with quality as we experienced in the issued battle vest. Hope this helps.

I use to carry a lot of Arktis gear.  I no longer do for various reasons, one being what Phil has stated.

Thank you both for the replies, second opinions are always good to hear.

Whatever you do, do not buy the CADPAT  "Arktis Sigma" vest that appears from time to time on Ebay. The quality is crap, it's not even Arktis and it's a darker clone of CADPAT.

I fell for it! I'll be re-selling it to an airsofter soon.

Noneck

The older Arktis gear is bomb proof - literally. I wore a vest for years that I bought from a guy who was blown up. Luckily, he was slightly more damaged than the vest.  ;D

If you can get your hands on one of the older chest rigs, they are excellent. 

Back