• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are you angry yet?

read today that 7 boys were killed in a NATO bombing raid.  If those boys have any family members who are stll alive, then I suspect we created dozens of more insurgents today.  If it were my son or brother, I wouldn't give two hoots about NATO's "good intentions".  So the cycle continues and violence begets violence.

Did you read in the news quotes that states that the Taliban hiding in the building beat the children whenever they tried to leave? They knew they were under observation and kept the children in the school to avoid being attacked...

Article Link

Coalition troops had "surveillance on the compound all day and saw no indications there were children inside, said Maj. Chris Belcher, a coalition spokesman. He accused the militants of not letting the children leave the compound.

"If we knew that there were children inside the building, there was no way that that airstrike would have occurred," said Sgt. 1st Class Dean Welch, another coalition spokesman

atlas said:
........  Consider that Mohatma Gandhi led a pacifist revolution that drove the English from India and gave that country its independence. 

I see that you are a Revisionist.  Someone who rewrites history to fit their picture of how they think it should have gone.  Your statement carries little merit.  Ghandhi had little to do with the English leaving India.  They were tiring of the troubles there, mostly Muslim uprisings against the Hindu populace.  It was Lord Mountbatten who had succeeded in persuading the Congress leaders to accept Jinnah's insistent demand for the partition of India as a condition precedent for British withdrawal. 

George Wallace said:
I see that you are a Revisionist.  Someone who rewrites history to fit their picture of how they think it should have gone.  Your statement carries little merit.  Ghandhi had little to do with the English leaving India.  They were tiring of the troubles there, mostly Muslim uprisings against the Hindu populace.  It was Lord Mountbatten who had succeeded in persuading the Congress leaders to accept Jinnah's insistent demand for the partition of India as a condition precedent for British withdrawal. 
To paraphrase another of atlas' ilk
the obsession with "facts" vs. "opinion", what's with that?
:rofl: It still kills me.

Quote from: atlas on June 19, 2007, 23:41:46
........  Consider that Mohatma Gandhi led a pacifist revolution that drove the English from India and gave that country its independence. 
                                        l                                                                                                              l
                                    Fact                                                                                                          Opinion

Hence the continued obsession.....

Back