• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are we becoming too Politically Correct?

If anything we need more political correctness. There is too much Homophobia present in the Military and people buy too much into an outdated concept of masculinity, when we know now from the science that gender is fluid and all gender roles are simply constructs of problematic western society (A systematically racist society).

Soldier in the New Canadian army need to be trained and informed of their misconceptions. Inherit biases, toxic masculinity etc. this is common knowledge at this point and many other institutions, government and other wise are already installing programs and training courses to make this happen.

Political Correctness is a politically motivated label, used in an attempt to hinder natural progress towards a tolerant society. Peoples backlash towards this probably stems from a fearful ego, white fragility or internalized trauma, that prevents mainly men from opening up and allowing themselves to show emotion and their natural feminine side.

Hope fully we get much more programs and restrictions/punishments put in place to help guide the Canadian military on the right path.
Your 'science' is a theory nothing more or less, hence why it is called gender theory not gender science. The fact that some people don't agree with that theory isn't wrong, and it also isn't right, it can't be proven either way, hence the theory designation.

I love how you declare the whole of Western society problematic and racist, when in reality it is the only societies that have ever existed which are striving to get rid of racism, create equality (well not so much anymore, now we are striving for some pigs are more equal than others), and in general tolerate individuals choices.

Your 'natural progression to wards a tolerant society' is much the opposite. People are less tolerant now then they ever have been. People make one little mistake and you have the mobs out for blood. Makes 1984 seem not like a warning but a how to guide.

The CAF and government in general shouldn't be attempting to control what people think or believe, and I would argue it is actually illegal under the Charter as you have the right to Freedom of Thought, Opinion, and Expression. Provided people aren't attacking people for their opinions at work, that is the extent that they should be going to. Treat everyone the same and that is all that should be necessary.

And for the record, I personally don't really give two cents about what others do in their personal lives as long as it doesn't effect me, Classical Liberalism at its finest. But the garbage like this where one group of people believe they have the moral right and superiority to force their opinions down everyone else's throat and if people don't go along censure and punish them is wrong. In the West the Church used to perform this role in society, now we have these 'progressive' groups using the exact same tactics.

Soldier in the New Canadian army need to be trained and informed of their misconceptions. Inherit biases, toxic masculinity etc.
For "soldiers in the New Canadian army". After my time, thankfully.

this is common knowledge at this point and many other institutions, government and other wise are already installing programs and training courses to make this happen.

The training we had about our "misconceptions, inherent biases, toxic masculinity etc." took 30 seconds, "You come to us from a society with many prejudices. We won't try to change your beliefs. But, if you treat anyone with disrespect, we will change your employment."

I don't know if you folks have permanent 40-hour a week partnerships? Ours were. Some lasted for decades. You're cooped up with that person, so, you get to know each other's habits ( good and bad ) pretty well.

I only had one female work partner. So, I'm hardly an expert on the subject. Except to say, it was the happiest time of my career.

I don't mean that the way it might sound. There was none of that. She just had a natural soothing and calming effect.
I had that, she was my "Work wife" a relationship built on mutual respect and our weaknesses and strength complimented each other, we are still good friends. The way we treated each other also helped us with our clients and tasks which also depended a great deal on relationships and trust. How you treat collogues and subordinates is a indicator to your client/audiences of how you will eventually treat them.

Act as others in public and keep your thoughts in private. That's one of my Mottos.

I am a proponent of voluntary separation. My spouse and I are both immigrants from completely different cultures. We avoid those that are not like us, or share our values, there is no benefit for either side. If you want to engage with me that's fine but that will require you to civilly engage with me over my fence first. I think if the world did things like the Swiss and had good fences they would make good neighbors. I respect peoples autonomy and sovereignty of self and I would hope more would do so as well. I do not brow beat anyone with my beliefs and I really don't appreciate when that is not reciprocated.

As to the poster by the name Question1234.. I agree. We need more correctness.
Again I am for Voluntary separation, you go do you in your little corner and I will do me in mine. If you want something from me please file appropriate requisite forms and large sums of money. Keep in mind if you try and force me to do something I don't want to, I will do what everyone did in my communist homeland and that is "the least possible" with out getting into trouble. This is of course in my private life as I am not in the CAF yet. If I were in CAF I would abide by what is in the "Terms of Service" nothing more and nothing less and my "duty to perform" to all other members in the CAF.

It sounds also as if your an activist more then anything else or a Troll.

Last edited:
If anything we need more political correctness. There is too much Homophobia present in the Military and people buy too much into an outdated concept of masculinity, when we know now from the science that gender is fluid and all gender roles are simply constructs of problematic western society (A systematically racist society).

Soldier in the New Canadian army need to be trained and informed of their misconceptions. Inherit biases, toxic masculinity etc. this is common knowledge at this point and many other institutions, government and other wise are already installing programs and training courses to make this happen.

Political Correctness is a politically motivated label, used in an attempt to hinder natural progress towards a tolerant society. Peoples backlash towards this probably stems from a fearful ego, white fragility or internalized trauma, that prevents mainly men from opening up and allowing themselves to show emotion and their natural feminine side.

Hope fully we get much more programs and restrictions/punishments put in place to help guide the Canadian military on the right path.
Gender theory does not come from science. As far as science is concerned the correlation between gender and sex is almost perfect. Gender theory comes from the social sciences which are anything but scientific. It has its roots in post modern literary criticism not biology and is based on the post modern knowledge principle which holds objective Truth is unattainable and that there are an infinite number of truths.

In fact most of your rant can be traced back to a bunch of old white French intellectuals who argued every interaction, or discourse, could be boiled down to various power imbalances and that a person's words could be dissected to find hidden meanings. The massive divisiveness of the ideology is a feature not a bug, because it has as a goal defining people into smaller and smaller groups and them highlight the perceived power imbalances between them.

Canada was founded a philosophy of Liberalism which has led to one of the most tolerant societies in the history of the world. Slavery was still legal in some places until the 1960s and is still condoned in any countries. In many places gay people are thrown off buildings and women have their clitoris cut off and their vagina sewn shut. In many places in the world a protest like the Wetsuweten would have been solved with gun fire and the Russian gate attempt to remove a sitting president would have ended in hangings. These things do not happen here and while we have problems they are far and away some of the best problems in the world to have because they mean we don't have bigger problems.

Gender theory does not come from science. As far as science is concerned the correlation between gender and sex is almost perfect. Gender theory comes from the social sciences which are anything but scientific. It has its roots in post modern literary criticism not biology and is based on the post modern knowledge principle which holds objective Truth is unattainable and that there are an infinite number of truths.

In fact most of your rant can be traced back to a bunch of old white French intellectuals who argued every interaction, or discourse, could be boiled down to various power imbalances and that a person's words could be dissected to find hidden meanings. The massive divisiveness of the ideology is a feature not a bug, because it has as a goal defining people into smaller and smaller groups and them highlight the perceived power imbalances between them.

Canada was founded a philosophy of Liberalism which has led to one of the most tolerant societies in the history of the world. Slavery was still legal in some places until the 1960s and is still condoned in any countries. In many places gay people are thrown off buildings and women have their clitoris cut off and their vagina sewn shut. In many places in the world a protest like the Wetsuweten would have been solved with gun fire and the Russian gate attempt to remove a sitting president would have ended in hangings. These things do not happen here and while we have problems they are far and away some of the best problems in the world to have because they mean we don't have bigger problems.
Gender Identity was all based on the work of Dr. John Money and David Reimer and his brother. It has been proclaimed that Gender theory is true based on the Dr. Money studies. Its unfortunate that David Reimer that was "reassigned" sex via the construct theory committed suicide and his brother had also committed suicide. Statistically "gender construct" proponents fail at statistics because those prior to re-assignment surgery have a very high suicide rate and post transition surgery they are even higher. So I guess if you define 42% suicides as a marker of "gender construct" theory as a success then your Warren Buffet of Gender constructionist market.

All done in Canada as well. Then again Canada has a long standing history and love affair of inter-sectional experiments. That must be the "French" influence since post modernism is the brain child of geniuses that came out of France. France is to post modernism theories as Frankfurt School is to Economics and Politics theories.
  1. Reservations
  2. Residential Schools
  3. Concentration Camps during WW1 for Slavic "enemy combatants". (Creation of Banff etc..)
  4. Racial Segregation of Japanese and internment camps
  5. Racial segregation of Chinese and exclusionary laws
We all know how these "societal constructed" experiments ended.

/Sarcasm Off

Gender Identity was all based on the work of Dr. John Money and David Reimer and his brother. It has been proclaimed that Gender theory is true based on the Dr. Money studies. Its unfortunate that David Reimer that was "reassigned" sex via the construct theory committed suicide and his brother had also committed suicide. Statistically "gender construct" proponents fail at statistics because those prior to re-assignment surgery have a very high suicide rate and post transition surgery they are even higher. So I guess if you define 42% suicides as a marker of "gender construct" theory as a success then your Warren Buffet of Gender constructionist market.

All done in Canada as well. Then again Canada has a long standing history and love affair of inter-sectional experiments. That must be the "French" influence since post modernism is the brain child of geniuses that came out of France. France is to post modernism theories as Frankfurt School is to Economics and Politics theories.
  1. Reservations
  2. Residential Schools
  3. Concentration Camps during WW1 for Slavic "enemy combatants". (Creation of Banff etc..)
  4. Racial Segregation of Japanese and internment camps
  5. Racial segregation of Chinese and exclusionary laws
We all know how these "societal constructed" experiments ended.

/Sarcasm Off
OK, are we allowing trolls to take over in here?

A simple google will result in the following

"John William Money (8 July 1921 – 7 July 2006) was a New Zealand psychologist, sexologist and author known for his research into sexual identity and biology of gender and his allegedly predatory behavior towards vulnerable patients. He was one of the first researchers to publish theories on the influence of societal constructs of gender on individual formation of gender identity. Money introduced the terms gender identity, gender role and sexual orientation and popularised the term paraphilia. He spent a considerable amount of his career in America.

Recent academic studies have criticized Money's work in many respects, particularly in regard to his involvement with the involuntary sex-reassignment of the child David Reimer, his forcing this child and his brother to simulate sex acts which Money photographed and the adult suicides of both brothers."

question1234's post is not even close to being constructive.

Find the dog-whistles in that diatribe.

Maybe you need to open up and show your natural feminine side. Flush all that toxic masculinity 😊

Speaking of posts that sound like two people in one, I sure miss DonaldH.

OK, are we allowing trolls to take over in here?

A simple google will result in the following

"John William Money (8 July 1921 – 7 July 2006) was a New Zealand psychologist, sexologist and author known for his research into sexual identity and biology of gender and his allegedly predatory behavior towards vulnerable patients. He was one of the first researchers to publish theories on the influence of societal constructs of gender on individual formation of gender identity. Money introduced the terms gender identity, gender role and sexual orientation and popularised the term paraphilia. He spent a considerable amount of his career in America.

Recent academic studies have criticized Money's work in many respects, particularly in regard to his involvement with the involuntary sex-reassignment of the child David Reimer, his forcing this child and his brother to simulate sex acts which Money photographed and the adult suicides of both brothers."

question1234's post is not even close to being constructive.

Find the dog-whistles in that diatribe.
I am not sure if your comments are aimed at me. As my point was to point out and paint historical context of where Gender Identity actually came from. At least you googled the insanity that Dr. John Money studies were. My entire point was to spark curiosity and nothing more.

You know the whole the Asylum is being run by the lunatics idiom. There is also very good reason why I used "/sarcasm off" at the end of my post.

"There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada. Those qualities are what makes us the first post national state" - Justin Trudeau 2015

Maybe you need to open up and show your natural feminine side. Flush all that toxic masculinity 😊

Speaking of posts that sound like two people in one, I sure miss DonaldH.
You shut your mouth right now Jarn!

You shut your mouth right now Jarn!
200.gif

Act as others in public and keep your thoughts in private. That's one of my Mottos.

I am a proponent of voluntary separation. My spouse and I are both immigrants from completely different cultures. We avoid those that are not like us, or share our values, there is no benefit for either side.
I entirely disagree. This is what drives wedges between different social groups. Engaging with people from different background allows you to be exposed to different points of view and give you a chance to diversify your thoughts. If all you are exposed to is an echo chamber, it just reinforces your beliefs and can lead to extremism. Strive to understand how other people feel and you’ll see that most people in the world are actually nice people.

Which doesn't mean that you must agree with them! Accept them as they are, yes.

Which doesn't mean that you must agree with them! Accept them as they are, yes.
I've found listening to what they have to say and replying "I hear you." usually works pretty well. Without actually agreeing with them.

Or, just say, "Yes Dear."

Obviously, if our views are different, hers is correct. We have a perfect understanding. I don't try to run her life, and I don't try to run mine. :)

I entirely disagree. This is what drives wedges between different social groups. Engaging with people from different background allows you to be exposed to different points of view and give you a chance to diversify your thoughts. If all you are exposed to is an echo chamber, it just reinforces your beliefs and can lead to extremism. Strive to understand how other people feel and you’ll see that most people in the world are actually nice people.

I agree with this. I would just add that this seems to be much easier to do in person.

In my "travels" as a criminal defence attorney I've had occasion to represent and therefore get to know people from very many different backgrounds. Most people would consider many of my beliefs "extremely left wing" but I have had very good relationships with all people because strongly disagreeing with their views doesn't mean I can't (or shouldn't) exercise empathy and respect.

"Treat others the way you wish to be treated" seems to be a pretty decent rule/motto.

The ironic thing is that I learned this behaviour in Canada. Canadians do not engage with any one. Most people don't even know their neighbors. Why should I strive to accommodate or even understand when the other side doesn't do so them selves.
The real ironic part is that all this talk of echo chambers, public sector workers, and military employed from my observation and experiences are the worst ones to suffer from this.

Again you want to engage with me then do so in a civil manner. As for people being nice maybe in your experience but as some one that has lived outside of Canada for a large portion of their life and immigrated here I can tell you that the world is not peaches and cream. We are just all bunch of hairless amoral apes with our own agendas and narratives. People are nice, that is a very privileged Canadian thing to say and what I find incredible ironic is that some one in the military or former military would ever say that. If people were nice we wouldn't need a military.

The ironic thing is that I learned this behaviour in Canada. Canadians do not engage with any one. Most people don't even know their neighbors. Why should I strive to accommodate or even understand when the other side doesn't do so them selves [sic].
So, you are content with the status quo?

As for people being nice maybe in your experience but as some one [sic] that has lived outside of Canada for a large portion of their life and immigrated here I can tell you that the world is not peaches and cream. We are just all bunch of hairless amoral apes with our own agendas and narratives. People are nice, that is a very privileged Canadian thing to say and what I find incredible ironic is that some one in the military or former military would ever say that. If people were nice we wouldn't need a military.
I have travelled all around the world, including interacting with so-called real people from all walks of life. Yes, there are bad apples that will try to take advantage of you. For the most part, however, most people were willing to share the little they had for nothing in return.

When someone looks at me, I (before COVID... It is hard with masks now) smile at them. When I am getting a coffee, I sometimes pay for the car behind me. When I sit next to someone in a bus, I'll say hi. I understand most people have it harder than I do in life. A little positivity sometimes goes a long way in someone's day. You do what you want. But I learned several years ago that having a positive mental attitude goes a long way for your own mental health and those around you.

Back