• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are there any direct combat related field besides Pilot in AF?

Mike7788

Inactive
Reaction score
Like the infantry but for the AF?

Or does the air-force just work directly with Infantry from the army when they're conducting missions?

Also could anyone point me in any direction or link to information about Intelligence officers? I can't seem to find anything!

There is no Air Force Infantry or related trade.

At times, the Infantry will be around the Air Force such as loading into a helicopter or plane. Also a Air Force RMS Clerk and Cook could be posted to a Infantry battalion. As well as Air Force Medics can be in the battalion UMS. Plus, the obvious Air Force air craft providing CAS/CCA for the guys on the ground.

Also there is a "Army" posting I'm aware of for AEC Officers and Pilots. They can be posted to a Brigade TACP and can do the FAC course(if required).

Lastly, RCAF pers can apply for various positions within CANSOFCOM.

Mike7788 said:
Also could anyone point me in any direction or link to information about Intelligence officers? I can't seem to find anything!

"I want to be Int" Mega-thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12858.275

LightFighter said:
As well as Air Force Medics can be in the battalion UMS. Plus, the obvious Air Force air craft providing CAS/CCA

And DCA and OCA and AI and XINT and ISR....  All combat missions....

SupersonicMax said:

You realize you are talking to someone who likely doesn't understand a word you just said.

I am pretty sure Light Fighter either knows them or is able to Google them, and with the context is able to find out what they mean.

SupersonicMax said:

But not "like the infantry but in AF" as the OP so eloquently put it.

Hello, Mike7788, and welcome to Army.ca

Please drop that hyphen that you put between "air" and "force" each time. It does not belong.

You have asked about Officer programmes. Officers are expected to show initiative. You will find answers to most of your questions, plus many that have not even occurred to you yet, here already if you expend a little personal effort and look. We, here and in the CF, do not believe in spoonfeeding people. We expect them to do their own work. Should you, after an honest and thorough search, genuinely not manage to find the information that you seek, or defy the odds and come up with a truly unique and original question (which is possible), then we will endeavour to assist to the best of our ability. We are not inclined, however, to do that which you can, and should, do for yourself.

Happy reading and searching, and good luck.

Within Tac Hel, there are Flight Engineers (FEs) on Griffons and Chinooks, and Loadmasters (LMs) on Chinooks.

recceguy said:
You realize you are talking to someone who likely doesn't understand a word you just said.

Anyone not in the military will scratch his head. In the last 5 months I've been reading these forums, I've seen more acronyms than the 40 years preceding them.
And that's only scratching the surface.

recceguy said:

I clearly understood the words used.. like "and", "all", "combat" and "mission"

63dda245b58a9000072960a23fd2cefd25f6d002504db59b65c2bae0a07291c6.jpg

But seriously, I know some of the acronyms, the ones I didn't were easy enough to google search like SuperSonicMax said.

SupersonicMax said:
I am pretty sure Light Fighter either knows them or is able to Google them, and with the context is able to find out what they mean.
LightFighter said:
I clearly understood the words used.. like "and", "all", "combat" and "mission.
But seriously, I know some of the acronyms, the ones I didn't were easy enough to google search like SuperSonicMax said.

I was talking about the original poster that started the thread. That's who the answers should be directed to.

Air Combat Systems Officers are also part of the team that produce combat capability in the RCAF.  Usually along side AES Ops (another NCM aircrew trade). 

In theory at least, air weapons techs can deploy as Eod and IEDD which would typically be part of an engineer company.

Back