• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arab ambassador seeks divorce after bride's veil reveals BEARD and crossed eyes

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
:rofl:

From the UK's Daily Mail:

Ambassador calls for divorce after veil-wearing Muslim bride reveals a beard and crossed eyes
By Peter Allen
Last updated at 1:12 PM on 10th February 2010
The would-be bride kept her face hidden behind a niqab throughout the courtship

An Arab ambassador called for an instant divorce after discovering his veil-wearing fiancée had a beard and was cross-eyed, it emerged today.

The would-be bride had hidden her face behind a Muslim niqab throughout their short courtship, meaning the diplomat had no idea what she looked like.

But as soon as the marriage was contract was signed in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, he tried to kiss her, before coming face-to-face with her hairy face and strange squint.

‘He was absolutely horrified,’ said a wedding guest.

‘The bride had a nice personality, but there was a good reason why she was hiding her looks behind a veil.

‘A divorce was inevitable, and the groom went straight to court leaving his new bride in floods of tears.’

The unnamed ambassador, who is in his 40s and has worked all over the world, including in Paris, told an Islamic Sharia court that he was tricked into the arranged marriage, Dubai's official government newspaper reported.

He claimed the woman’s parents sent his own mother and and father pictures of her far more attractive sister.

A legal source said: ‘Every time the couple met, the bride would do her best hide her entire face.

‘The woman, who is a physician, was very keen to marry him, as she had had very few suitors, even though she’s well into her 30s.’
(...)

There's a "pig-in-a-poke" joke here somewhere, but a pork based comment would be culturally insensitive, so I won't say anything.  >:D

The words of the immortal Cpl. Swanson, 1VP, come to mind:

Don't put sand in the vaseline; you only hurt the one you love
  ;D

You can marry more than one, marry a smart one, a hard working one, a young pretty one and one to mother the kids.  :nod:

I think she was making a move on Journeyman one night in the Black Bear.

Ahhhhhhh,  NOW i know what the Technoviking was so secretive about on his day off in Dubai..... ;D

((edited as a result of my piss poor spelling))

We have sort of a veil in Canada - alcohol.  But everything is all better the next day, or maybe the next week.

And that's why you should always "test drive before you buy"!! :nod:

Old Sweat said:
I think she was making a move on Journeyman one night in the Black Bear.
Come on now, we both know that she would have benefitted from having a beard
:nod:

Dennis Ruhl said:
We have sort of a veil in Canada - alcohol.  But everything is all better the next day, or maybe the next week.

Don't worry; I suspect some females feel the exact same way.

Back