• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AR-10 tech question

zipperhead_cop

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all
I had a question with regards to the removable carry handle/iron sight for the AR-10?  Would anyone know if it was attached to one of our C7A2's would the sights be aligned properly? 
Thanks

If memory serves me correctly, the carrying handle assy for the KAC 'AR-10/SR25' and M16 FOW is the same item, and is interchangeable between the two, along with another host of various parts (stock, PG and the like).

I am sure I6 can shed some light on this, as I have not touched/seen an 'Armalite' since Baghdad.

Cheers,

Wes

Colt Canada makes a  removable carry handle/iron sight for the C7A1/C8A1 family that has been given a NSN for the Canadian supply system. As for the AR-10  removable carry handle/iron sight, correct me if I am wrong, but the AR-10 is a 7.62mm rifle and a little bigger than or C7A2. It may fit on the rail but maybe taller than the one meant for the AR-15/C7A2 family thus not aligning properly.

Will not fit.

The receiver rail height and length for the AR10 is different.  Secondly depending if you have a M1913 rail spec upper of a "weaver" rail will also depend if some aftermarket accessories will fit -- Colt Canada now makes only M1913 rails - so all new guns are "in" spec.

Infidel-6 said:
Will not fit.

The receiver rail height and length for the AR10 is different.  Secondly depending if you have a M1913 rail spec upper of a "weaver" rail will also depend if some aftermarket accessories will fit -- Colt Canada now makes only M1913 rails - so all new guns are "in" spec.

Roj.  Thanks brother.  :salute:

Wesley  Down Under said:
If memory serves me correctly, the carrying handle assy for the KAC 'AR-10/SR25' and M16 FOW is the same item, and is interchangeable between the two, along with another host of various parts (stock, PG and the like).

I am sure I6 can shed some light on this, as I have not touched/seen an 'Armalite' since Baghdad.

EDIT 17 Mar 08 - I checked out the KAC website, Yes it does not fit as Kevin said. Sorry for my forgetfulness. I should have known better, as I knew the uppers were completely different sizes. I do have a KAC owners manual for the SR-25, which has a list of what parts are interchangeable between SR-25/M16FOW. If you need this mate, PM me.

Cheers,

Wes

Back