• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for the CF -Cam's Story

yes, but the 3rd PPLCI is the "light" ie para brigade. If i can get into a para regiment i don't care where i am. If i can't, then i would prefer to be in edmonton. Either way, the army will decide where I go, so its kind of a mute point. cheers -Cameron

AspiringL.I. said:
Hey Cam,   I figure I'll ask you while we're waiting... Do you think I should bring my ruck to school for my presentation?    its a grade 10 careers research assignment and I chose infantry (obviously.. always do and always will) and so as you can see I incorporate infantry to EVERYTHING...
you are not allowed to bring your rucksack to school no matter(non-military use) what the usage is, however, if you went out and did it then I don't think anyone would ever care, but that does not mean you can...

3PPCLI only got 1 para company. I believe there are 3 companies excluding support in a batallion. So they're not a para brigade.

thanks for the clarification on the paras. clears a lot of things up. And also thanks for correcting me on the rucksack. I really didn't have a clue, so thanks for the truth. cheers -Cameron

Never bring army kit into school, unless it is part of an approved CF function. Not only is it against CF regs to use army kit for personal use, you run the risk of looking like a psycho to the civies, and a retard to any CF pers who may (and probably will) find out about it.

It's simply unproffesional.

Of course, if this is your own civie rucksack (ie-you bought an American pack or a Brit bergen), go ahead, but the other kids will probably still think you're weird.

so I just looked at your profile and am wondering, what is you exact involvement with the CF? because surplus stuff is good to go at school and why are you doing gr. 10 history when you are 18?

i am 15... my profile says that.  "Age  15"  and also It is a personal civvy ruck... its surplus and also... you guys are right.. People think im weird... but having no bother with others personal problems.. i wore it anyways, i checked to make sure it was surplus and not official.... i wore it with bricks amounting to about 60 lbs  (i weighed it lol).    I would like to answer you as well... I am currently 15, so therefore I am not in the military YET... i am , as my name states, aspiring to be LI.  I thanks you for answering my question and

GOOD LUCK on the 26th!!! :salute: :cdn:

Update:

I got my eyes all lasered up last friday (nov 26). Eyes are doing quite well. I had no pain or crazy after-effects or all that stuff they told me could happen. All it felt like was that i had somewhat dry eyes, comparable to having slept in your contact lenses.

So far my vision is pretty good. I can't see fine details far away, and my night vision is shit. But supposedly that all clears up in the next few months.

So its more waiting. Is there any truth to the rumour that the wait after having LASIK is 3 months now instead of the 6 months i've been told about? anywho, its nice to be able to see the alarm clock when i go to bed. cheers -Cameron

Back