• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular NCM (Returning Member)
Trade Choice #1: Cyber Operator
Trade Choice #1: EGS Tech
Trade Choice #1: AES Op
Applied: 16 April 2017
First Contact: 19 April 2017
CFAT: Completed previously
Interview: Pending
Medical: Pending
Merit listed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMQ start: BMQ Bypass

Hello Everyone, First post here. This is something I've thought about for years and even applied to the reserves in 2013 but never finished my application. I'm excited to start the process again. Hopefully everything moves quickly and I'll get to meet some of you at BMQ later this year.

Recruiting Center: New Westminster
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice #1: Combat Engineer
Applied: March 26, 2017
First Contact: March 28, 2017
CFAT: May 2013
Personality Test: May 4, 2017
BMQ start: Pending

Got an update on my application. Finally got my offer!

Recruiting Center: Barrie
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Air Combat Systems Officer
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Control Officer
Application Date: May 2016
First Contact: May 6th 2016
CFAT: May 26th 2016 (passed)
Aircrew Selection: Aug. 21st - 23rd, 2016 (while I didn't make the math score for pilot/air combat systems, I was told I was competitive for AEC)
Medical: October 27th 2016 (You're also responsible for getting your own eye exams as well as blood/ECG testing done which you will have to give back to the recruiting centre. I'm not sure if this is the norm for all three air trades, or just AEC)
Interview: October 24th 2016
Conditional Offer: April 27th 2017 (AEC)
Swearing In: July/Early August (I wasn't given a firm date)
BMOQ:August 28th 2017

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM (Although I qualified to be an officer, I chose NCM, Just the lifestyle is more appealing to me)
Trade Choice 1: WFE Tech
Trade Choice 2: Geomatics Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: March 6, 2017
First Contact: April 4, 2017
Aptitude Test: April 11, 2017 (Passed) [:D
Medical: Waiting... ::)
Interview: Waiting... ::)
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ:

**Updated**
Recruting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1:Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Med Tech
Application Date: April 3rd 2017
First Contact: April 5th 2017
CFAT Date : April 18th 2017
Medical Test: May 12th 2017
Interview completed: May 11th 2017
Sworn in:pending
Basic Training Begins:pending

FinnO,

Might be a chance we are together in BMQ. Congrats on making it this far, did you get your first choice of infantry?

ahaha that would be pretty cool! and yea i got Infantry how about you?

Recruiting Center: Ottawa
Trade Choice 1: intelligence operator
Trade Choice 2: naval combat operator
Trade Choice 3: aerospace control operator
Application Date: April 20 2017
First Contact: April 20 2017
Aptitude Test: may 10 2017 (pending)
Medical: ......
Interview: ......
Medical: .....
Position Offered: .....
Enrollment/Swear in: ......
BMQ:.......

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Crewman
Trade Choice 2: Crewman
Trade Choice 3: Crewman
Application Date: Dec 08 2016
First Contact: Dec 16 2016
Aptitude Test: Jan 12 2017 (passed)
Medical: Feb 28 2017 (forms needed)
Interview: Feb 28 2017
Medical: Mar 15 2017 (forms sent)
Position Offered: May 05 2017
Enrollment/Swear in: Jul 19 2017
BMQ: Aug 05 2017

Updated.

Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular NCM (Returning Member)
Trade Choice #1: MP
Trade Choice #1: EO Tech
Trade Choice #1: Comms Rsrch
Applied: 16 April 2017
First Contact: 19 April 2017
CFAT: Completed previously
Interview: May 26 2017
Medical: May 26 2017
BMQ start: BMQ Bypass

Hey guys, I'm new here. But I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone knows the answers to, and figured it would go best in here.

Alright guys, so I'm going to try and keep these questions and the explanations behind them brief. If you need more information, ask and I will provide you with what I can! So I started my application in April of 2015, and let it fall through due to personal issues. I had done my aptitude test, but nothing further. So I decided that no time will be perfect to join and that this is what I wanted to do, so I went to start up my application again on April 10, 2017. I was told that I would have to start a new application, as it had been over a year since my previous application had been actively progressing. That's alright, so I went and re-applied the same day. I got my automated email on April 12, 2017 that said that my application was chosen to be processed further, etc. So I did as the email said on the same day and emailed the Edmonton detachment to keep the process in motion. But it seems as though they had a different plan, as everything has halted (or so it feels), as I haven't heard from them since I sent the email, other than when I called to make sure they got it (as technology sometimes sucks, and I wanted to make sure they did get it). So, to get to my question... How long does it normally take to hear back to continue on the process after your aptitude test, and from what the website says, that would be to the Medical portion of the process.

Second question is, does anyone know what the time frame to get to BMQ from basically the start of your application right now? Just a rough estimate would be awesome.

Third question is, about my references. I'm 22 now, but I have lost contact with literally everyone I used to work with at a job that I had for over a year, I'm not a religious person so I don't have any ministers or clergymen that I can go to, and at the time I worked out of town for 21 days and was only home for 7, so I didn't play any sports or anything. There's two entire years where I can't fill in with my references (the company was absorbed by the sister company and nobody that was there, is there anymore). I also did a Facebook search for all of my foremen and even their bosses, as well as sub-foremen that were there, and came up dry there (most of them were older so I didn't expect any to have a Facebook, but I had to try). They say that they want 4 references who have known you for the previous 5 consecutive years. Will this be an issue, even after I have exhausted every avenue I can think of to rectify it? I only helped my Grandparents during 2013 and worked for the previously mentioned company for all of 2014. So I don't have professional references for either of those years, and there's really nothing that can be done about it unless they will take references from my family or my wife's family.

Thanks in advance for any answers that anyone can provide. It is greatly appreciated.

Partrees said:
How long does it normally take to hear back to continue on the process after your aptitude test, and from what the website says, that would be to the Medical portion of the process.

Second question is, does anyone know what the time frame to get to BMQ from basically the start of your application right now?

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Application Process Samples 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

Partrees said:
Third question is, about my references.

References on my application Superthread- Merged 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.625

You may find the above discussions helpful.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Application Process Samples 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

First link basically says everyone is different, which is true. But there should still be an average and that's more what I was looking for, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The second link was very helpful. It seems like most people are clocking in at about a year before BMQ start date from first contact.

References on my application Superthread- Merged 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.625

This thread, since my question on this part is so specific, I haven't found anything that is similar, which is quite alright. Kinda figured I would have to call in and ask the recruiting center, but I figured I would check here first since I was asking a question anyways. Thank you again, Mariomike for the link and the help.

Recruiting Center: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular NCM
Trade Choice #1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice #2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice #3: Ammo Tech
Applied: 10 April 2017
First Contact: Pending
CFAT: Previously completed (around May 2015)
Merit Listed: Pending
BMQ Start: Pending

Recruiting Center: Halifax
Trade Choice #1: Logistics
Trade Choice #2: Aerospace Control
Trade Choice #3:
Applied: September 15 2016
First Contact: September 29 2016
CFAT: October 6 2016
Interview: October 13 2016
Medical: October 13 2016
Merit Listed: April 2017
Position Offered: May 8 2017
Enrollment: June 15 2017
BMQ Start: July 3 2017

Partrees said:
Third question is, about my references. I'm 22 now, but I have lost contact with literally everyone I used to work with at a job that I had for over a year, I'm not a religious person so I don't have any ministers or clergymen that I can go to, and at the time I worked out of town for 21 days and was only home for 7, so I didn't play any sports or anything. There's two entire years where I can't fill in with my references (the company was absorbed by the sister company and nobody that was there, is there anymore). I also did a Facebook search for all of my foremen and even their bosses, as well as sub-foremen that were there, and came up dry there (most of them were older so I didn't expect any to have a Facebook, but I had to try). They say that they want 4 references who have known you for the previous 5 consecutive years. Will this be an issue, even after I have exhausted every avenue I can think of to rectify it? I only helped my Grandparents during 2013 and worked for the previously mentioned company for all of 2014. So I don't have professional references for either of those years, and there's really nothing that can be done about it unless they will take references from my family or my wife's family.

There is a waiver / stat dec process for cases like yours but it's on a case by case basis.  Have your Recruiter/File Manager engage the CO/MCC of your Recruiting Centre to discuss your specific situation.  Although there is a process for situations like this, again as I stated it's on a case by case basis.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice #1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice #2: Construction Tech
Trade Choice #3: Infantry
Applied: April 18, 2017
First Contact April 19, 2017
CFAT: April 25, 2017
Medical: May 12, 2017
Interview: May 17, 2017
Swearing In: Pending