• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Hamilton, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Officer
Application Date: April 25, 2013
First Contact: June 23, 2013
CFAT Date: June 24, 2013 - *passed*
Interview: July 17, 2013 
Medical: - July 17, 2013 *passed*
Tests Completed: -  CFAT, Interview
Position Offered: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered:  - TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

The good news is I passed my interview, the bad news is apparently my trade selections are closed.  Oh well, this gives me time to get some lagging paperwork in and to improve on my resume.  If it was easy to get in  everyone could do it!

Recruting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer (Thats what I want, nothing else !)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: March 5, 2012
First Contact: april , 2012
Med: May 6, 2013
Aptitude completed : March 19, 2013
Personnality test: May 4, 2013
Interview completed: May 5, 2013
Merit listed: June 24, 2013
Position Offered: July 18, 2013 Combat Engineer
Basic Training Begins: September 2, 2013

Just got the call, cant be more happy!

I got "The Call"!!! BMQ next month!!!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: -
Tade Choice 3: -
Applied: October 2012
First contact: October 2012
CFAT: Wrote May 14, 2013, passed.
Medical: May 14, 2013.
Interview: May 14, 2013.
Merit Listed: May 28, 2013
Position offered: Infantry, PPCLI
Enrollment/swearing in: August 9, 2013
BMQ- August 19, 2013

I'm incredibly excited, nervous, all of the above... Wow...

Update: I called today and was told i'm now merit listed and my file was sent to my unit but they need paperwork from the unit, a little confused on that part but hope to get the call to swear in soon!
Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 01, 2013
First Contact: April 01, 2013
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013 - *passed*
Interview: April 18, 2013 - *passed*
Physical: June 3rd, 2013 - *passed*
Medical: - July 2nd, 2013 *passed*
Merit Listed: July 19, 2013
Swear In Ceremony:  -
Basic Training Begins: -

B.Dias said:
I got "The Call"!!! BMQ next month!!!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: -
Tade Choice 3: -
Applied: October 2012
First contact: October 2012
CFAT: Wrote May 14, 2013, passed.
Medical: May 14, 2013.
Interview: May 14, 2013.
Merit Listed: May 28, 2013
Position offered: Infantry, PPCLI
Enrollment/swearing in: August 9, 2013
BMQ- August 19, 2013

I'm incredibly excited, nervous, all of the above... Wow...

Awesome bud! Still waiting for the same great news. I wish you the best in your future!

cjette1 said:
Awesome bud! Still waiting for the same great news. I wish you the best in your future!

Thank you! I wish you luck for getting into the military. It will come.

just to provide a little hope to aspiring cf members I will share my little story of doubt.

I am a highschool grad with pretty average grades however I did pretty well on the cfat 37/60. Anyways, all the trades I went for (sonar op, nci op which is the trade I got and boatswain) all had very limited spots. 4 for sonar op, 9 boatswain and 10 for nci op. My interview wasn't bad but wasn't great and my interviewer said because of the low numbers its very possible I wouldn't get a call for those trades which was quite discouraging. A week and a half after nci op selection I got a call being offered a position! moral of this little story is your likely more competitive than you think so don't give up hope.

yamahaguitarguy said:
just to provide a little hope to aspiring cf members I will share my little story of doubt.

I am a highschool grad with pretty average grades however I did pretty well on the cfat 37/60. Anyways, all the trades I went for (sonar op, nci op which is the trade I got and boatswain) all had very limited spots. 4 for sonar op, 9 boatswain and 10 for nci op. My interview wasn't bad but wasn't great and my interviewer said because of the low numbers its very possible I wouldn't get a call for those trades which was quite discouraging. A week and a half after nci op selection I got a call being offered a position! moral of this little story is your likely more competitive than you think so don't give up hope.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! My trades are really small as well, about 1 or 2 here and there. But your story is giving me some more hope! Guess that nothing is ever for certain can be positive as well! I'm also thinking that perhaps not everyone accepts job offers, so even if you're lower on the merit list, you still have a shot! :)

yamahaguitarguy said:

Thanks for sharing! That's great that you were offered a job so quickly. JW, did your CFAT score qualify you for all trades?

theforcewithin said:
Thank you so much for sharing your story! My trades are really small as well, about 1 or 2 here and there. But your story is giving me some more hope! Guess that nothing is ever for certain can be positive as well! I'm also thinking that perhaps not everyone accepts job offers, so even if you're lower on the merit list, you still have a shot! :)

Thanks! I've been following your process as well, sorry to hear about your trades being closed.

TheRightsOfMan said:
Thanks for sharing! That's great that you were offered a job so quickly. JW, did your CFAT score qualify you for all trades?

yes it did. In the words of my recruiter " well you scored in the 61st percentile and your trades require 41st percentile so you did well there". I don't know how much exactly each part of the process is weighed but I have a gut feeling that my cfat scored helped me a lot.

edit: I just re read your question, I read it wrong. I have no idea if my cfat score qualified me for all trades but I would imagine I would be qualified for most if not all.

yamahaguitarguy said:
yes it did. In the words of my recruiter " well you scored in the 61st percentile and your trades require 41st percentile so you did well there". I don't know how much exactly each part of the process is weighed but I have a gut feeling that my cfat scored helped me a lot.

edit: I just re read your question, I read it wrong. I have no idea if my cfat score qualified me for all trades but I would imagine I would be qualified for most if not all.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I bought a CFAT practise book off of Amazon to help prepare me for July 25. I've been putting the time in, hopefully I can match your success!

TheRightsOfMan said:
Awesome, thanks for the info. I bought a CFAT practise book off of Amazon to help prepare me for July 25. I've been putting the time in, hopefully I can match your success!

my biggest piece of advice for the cfat without giving to much away is know how to do long division! Practice basic math skills but long division will help you the most. Good luck.

TheRightsOfMan said:

Bahh the book is just review you could do yourself.  :p

yamahaguitarguy said:
my biggest piece of advice for the cfat without giving to much away is know how to do long division! Practice basic math skills but long division will help you the most. Good luck.

Yeah I've been doing a lot of that. Long division was one of those skills I completely lost when I finished school lol.

B.Dias said:
Bahh the book is just review you could do yourself.  :p

I know, but in a army.ca thread someone said that the questions in the book are harder than the actual test. I figured it would be the best practise available. For only $10 and a quick download on to the Kindle app on my iPhone, I think it was well worth it (unless I fail :-\).

TheRightsOfMan said:
I know, but in a army.ca thread someone said that the questions in the book are harder than the actual test. I figured it would be the best practise available. For only $10 and a quick download on to the Kindle app on my iPhone, I think it was well worth it (unless I fail :-\).

Without giving too much away, I'll give a little tip. In my experience with the test, yes I studied all of the basics about what is on the test. I practiced my verbal skills, spatial skills and problem solving. But I remember one thing that a friend of mine told me before taking the test. He said "one thing you gotta watch out for is over studying or even worse studying the wrong material". The last thing you want going into the CFAT is a whole bunch of the wrong information swimming around in your head. I would absolutely recommend studying long division, etc. But you gotta be careful. I've read on this site some people recommend studying the ASVAB. Yes both test's challenge similar skills but they are worlds apart from each other. I hope this helps. And don't fret bud, I'm sure you'll ace it!

Good luck on your future ventures.

TheRightsOfMan said:
Yeah I've been doing a lot of that. Long division was one of those skills I completely lost when I finished school lol.

Hope your studying is going well!

You should've received a document from the RC along with your second batch of paperwork with a mini bibliography and links to practice questions. Just go through what the CF has given you as sources to study and you should be fine. The sources they give you are super helpful. But yeah, as others have said here, try not to overstudy! And it's good you have the prep book. I borrowed a couple that the CF recommended and studied all the links they sent and the test went well. It was really good to practice the timing of the test as well. :) Good luck!

TheRightsOfMan said:

My piece of advice is that the practice CFAT that the Forces gives out is not really representative of the difficulty of the actual test. I felt that the actual test was quite a bit harder. Also make sure you work on speed. The time allotted to do all the questions is tight.
Nothing really to be scarred of just keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back