• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
m.k said:
Recruiting Centre: Kitchener, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier
Application Date: Sometime in December 2010
Aptitude Completed: March 7th 2011
Interview Completed: July 28th
Security Check Completed: August 3rd
Medical Completed: August 22nd
Merit Listed: September 9th

Well, my story starts in July of 2010, when I made my first attempt at applying to the Canadian Forces. I was informed by the recruiter that none of my selected trades were open and that in fact no viable trades for my individual level of education were open. I was disappointed, but I had hope that in March/April of 2011 I could get the ball rolling and potentially start BMQ in the fall of 2011. This was not the case. After completing my aptitude, interview and medical, I was informed that I did not meet the cutoff line for infantry due to it's competitiveness and that it was unlikely that I would be given one of the TWO nation wide positions for artillery, considering I did not possess an advanced math credit from high school. Disappointed once again, the summer made it's transition to autumn and I began to make secondary plans. I got into college for January, filled out a lease/paid a rent deposit for a place in Barrie and was beginning to find comfort in the concept of continuing my education in college. I even started making plans for university afterwards, finally acknowledging that although it was entirely possible, I may never get into the Canadian Forces, especially for a Combat Arms position.
      Then today, months after my last contact with the recruiting centre, I received a phone call at 3:28 PM from a corporal at the recruiting centre in Kitchener informing me that I had been selected for Artillery, and was to begin BMQ at the end of January. The most unexpected phone call of my life has engraved in my mind that a lot of the time in life (and dare i say the Canadian Forces?), EXPECTATIONS don't matter. Just because you're a fantastically qualified individual does not mean you will get the position, just like it's entirely possible for a mediocre candidate such as myself to be given a job offer out of the blue after having been previously informed that there were no more positions available this year.
      Point I'm trying to make for future/current applicants: Don't lose hope and don't get cocky. Anything can happen, at almost any point in time. I learned this today after ALMOST losing hope. Good luck to y'all :)

Recruiting Centre: Kitchener, ON
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Signal Operator
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier
Application Date: Sometime in December 2010
Aptitude Completed: March 7th 2011
Interview Completed: July 28th
Security Check Completed: August 3rd
Medical Completed: August 22nd
Merit Listed: September 9th
Position Offered: November 25th (Field Artillery)
Enrolment Ceremony: January 10th (Kitchener)
BMQ Begins: January 30th

Congratulations m.k., I'm hoping that I'll be able to make a similar posting in the spring.
Good luck and all the best.  :salute:

Thanks a lot! Even though you have been waiting for as long as you have, it will all be worth it if you get offered an infantry or combat engineer position! Good luck and I commend you for being so damn patient. A trait that will undoubtedly benefit you as a member of the CF :)

Recruiting Centre: Montreal,QC
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: x
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: April 2010
Aptitude Completed: October 2008
Credit  check: September 2010
Medical Completed: October 2010
ERC Completed: August 2011 (Dual  Citizenship)
Credit Check: November 21st 2011 (first one  expired)
Second Medical complted: November 23 ,2011 (first one expired)
Interview completed: November 28, 2011
Merit Listed: November 28, 2011
Position Offered: Not yet
Enrolment Ceremony: Not yet
BMQ Begins:Not yet

I did extremly well on my interview (that's the captain interviewing me said - YAY!). It's been a long process. But there is  hope. The captain also  said to call back/visit  within 2 weeks if i don't have any news from them. So i'm hoping for a january BMQ :) There is hope people! :)

jazzy0410 said:
I did extremly well on my interview (that's the captain interviewing me said - YAY!). It's been a long process. But there is  hope. The captain who also  said to call back/visit  within 2 weeks if i don't have any news from them. So i'm hoping for a january BMQ :) There is hope people! :)

No hope for me I don't think.  I was told my med file at MRO in Ottawa was requested to be done urgently as selection was due to sit on Dec 1 but as they deal with files from across Canada I could be SOL.  A file can take up to six-months to get reviewed and as I was 3B with 11-yrs in it could be a big file to look through.  The initially got my application medical on Nov 7th and my full med file on the 24th so it took two weeks for them to ask for my full one so Im hoping that it doesn't take them six-months to come back with a yes or no.

mwc said:
Recruting Center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry, The Rileys
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: July 18, 2011
First Contact: August 8, 2011
Med, aptitude completed : Aptitude completed August 11, 2011
                                      Medical, Fitness Test booked for August 26, 2011
Interview completed: August 26, 2011
Position Offered: Called today, they confirmed January BMQ
Basic Training Begins: January 2012

congrats mwc, from what I gather you've been waiting for quite some time! glad everything fell into place

Thanks! Looks like we both started trying for reg force at the same time, and now we both have BMQ the same month but mine being reserve. Good luck to you!

jasonf6 said:
No hope for me I don't think.  I was told my med file at MRO in Ottawa was requested to be done urgently as selection was due to sit on Dec 1 but as they deal with files from across Canada I could be SOL.  A file can take up to six-months to get reviewed and as I was 3B with 11-yrs in it could be a big file to look through.  The initially got my application medical on Nov 7th and my full med file on the 24th so it took two weeks for them to ask for my full one so Im hoping that it doesn't take them six-months to come back with a yes or no.

Out of curiosity, when you say that "selection was due to sit Dec. 1" is that a selection board for your specific trade, or for a larger group of trades? What is your trade-of-interest?

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: RMS
Trade Choice 2: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Fall 2010/Spring 2011
First Contact: September 28, 2011
Position Offered: RMS with 32 Service Battalion
CFAT: November 24, 2011 - completed
Interview: December 1, 2011 - completed
Fitness Test: Scheduled for December 7, 2011
Medical: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Training: TBD

Hi, this is my application process. They don't give me date for my medical and interview because the RMC didn't check my application at this date.

Recruiting Center: Quebec city
Officer/NCM: Office
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Air Combat Systems Officer
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace engineer
Application Date: November 4, 2011
First Contact: November 14, 2011
Position Offered: ---------
CFAT: November 29, 2011 - completed
Interview: ------------
Medical: ------

Deelo said:
Out of curiosity, when you say that "selection was due to sit Dec. 1" is that a selection board for your specific trade, or for a larger group of trades? What is your trade-of-interest?
RMS Clerk.  But as people have been getting offers recently I'm not sure what the impact will be.

But, my file manager says that it isn't TOO bad if they sit before I'm cleared medically as they focus more on those who need to do basic and not those (like me) who have recruit school bypass.

Thank you for the response.  I wish you luck with your return to the CF.

Recruiting Center: Online Recruiting
Trade Choice 1: Marine Engineer Mechanic
Trade Choice 2: Med Tech
Trade Choice 3: Naval Operator
Application Date: August 30, 2011
First Contact: September 15, 2011
Position Offered: ---------
CFAT:.........
Interview: ------------
Medical: ------

Recruiting Center: Ottawa, ON
Trade Choice 1: ACOP
Application Date: April 20,2011
First Contact: May 2011
Aptitude test: June 2011
Medical: July 7, 2011
Interview: July 7, 2011
Merit List: September 15, 2011
Position Offered: Pending
Enrollment Date: Pending
BMQ start date: Pending

By looking at other candidate's waiting time, i am not too bad. However, every morning when i wake up i wish about getting my call  :)

Recruiting Center: Vancouver, BC
Trade Choice 1: FIRE FTR
Trade Choice 2: SUP TECH
Trade Choice 3: ACS TECH
Application Date: June 23, 2011
First Contact: August, 2011
Aptitude test: September 21, 2011
Medical: September 21, 2011
Interview: September 21, 2011
Position Offered: Pending
Enrollment Date: Pending
BMQ start date: Pending

UPDATE - ACCEPTED

Recruiting Center: CFRC London, ON
Trade 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 5/2011
First Contact: April 7/2011
CFAT: April 15/11
Interview: June 9/11
Security Check: June 9/11
Medical: July 7/11
Merit List: July 7/11
Position Offered: Dec 6/11
Swearing In: January 2012
BMQ: Feb 6/12

Start to Finish: 11 months

The call caught me completely by surprise but I'm very happy with the outcome.  Anyone else going to St. Jean in February, let me know.

I noticed some guys are getting calls for combat trades such as m.k. = Artillery and Mcolligan  =Infantry.  If these trades were closed for the year, does that mean that some guys failed BMQ and some spots opened up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back