JHuang said:Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Officer/NCM: Initially, DEO [Logistic Officer]; Changed to NCM [Supply Tech] around May 2017
Trade Choice 1: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: January 15th, 2017
First Contact Date: January 20th, 2017
- Was in the US and had some other things, so asked them to put my file on hold with regards to scheduling the CFAT since I didn't know when I would be back.
Re-activated Application: February 10th, 2017
CFAT Date: March 14, 2017
- Passed with Officer and NCM trade available, both competitive scoring. Decided to do Officer given I had completed my degree and had 1.5 year formal work experience.
Pre-screening/Foreign Implications Check completed: April 12, 2017
- Since I was not native born in Canada, native country not NATO-tied [Mainland China] and both parents were working in US. However, was citizen for over 20+ years, so this step's waiting time was at the lower end.
Medical Date: May 30, 2017
- Had glasses since I was in elementary school, so as expected, need to get Vision tested and send in forums. Otherwise, good.
Interview Date: May 30, 2017
- Given my degree and 1.5 year work experience, both of which were hands-on and technical, I believe the most value and contribution to the CAF would be more of an NCM role. I also see myself transiting into a supervisory/management role after being proficient and experienced, thus the NCM to NCO with the option to SCP/CFR to Officer as a more fulfilling career path. Because file initially was for Officer, had to reschedule for NCM trade interview.
Medical (Vision forum) sent: June 01, 2017
Rescheduled Interview: June 08, 2017
Medical Completed: August 29, 2017
- Called on August 08, 2017 and apparently the CFRC Mistakenly sent application to CFRC Vancouver as applicant with same name and thought I relocated. Took about 3 weeks to get file back. :waiting:
Additional Forums Sent: September 01, 2017
- CFRC updated their Reference Check forum, needed to re-send. Dropped it off in-person to assure it would be processed. It was done by 2 Clerks at the desk. Now, I was notified by my new File Manager about the updated, but he wasn't there when I dropped it off. Thing is, he actually called me 2 weeks later to ask if I had updated the information. That's when I realized the emphasis of not just maintaining contact with the CFRC site, but specifically with "your file manager" to get the most updated information and ensure things are being processed. :facepalm:
Reference/Background Check completed: Late September - Early November 2017
Sent off to Competition List: November 08, 2017
- Due to Remembrance day that weekend, I probably missed the November selection period.
Competition listed: Mid-November
Position Offered: TBD
UpdatedTrueprince2 said:Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: ATIS
Trade Choice 3: Supply Tech
Applied: Sept 29, 2017
First contact: Oct 02, 2017
CFAT: Nov 22,2017 (Passed)
Medical: Jan 16, 2018
Interview: Dec 21, 2017
Merit Listed: N/a
Position offered: N/a
Enrollment/swearing in: N/a