• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATE*....again

Recruiting Center: Montreal, Qc
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Aviation Systems Tech
Trade Choice 2: Avionics Systems Tech
Trade Choice 3: Aircraft Structure Tech
Application Date: April 1st, 2011
First Contact: May 10th, 2011
Aptitude completed : May 13th, 2011
Medical Completed: May 18th
Interview completed: May 19th, 2011
Medical Approved: May 18th, 2011
Security check completed : Done
Merit Listed: May 19th
Position Offered: 135 AVN, Aviation Systems Tech.
Basic Training Begins: Sept. 5th

I got in!

astecki said:
My wife just got word, her medical has been approved by Ottawa, so all that remains is for her file to be merit listed!

I've also updated the date of my merit listing, it was approved by the file manager on the 13th, but apparently with the clerks in Toronto being on an "operational exercise" wasn't actually listed until the 20th.  Ah well!

*EDIT* My wife just received a message from my recruiting Sergeant (she'd emailed him as he seemed to respond more quickly than hers does).  Apparently her recruiter is out of the office for a few weeks, so he confirmed what medical had said (that her medical was approved) and is taking it upon himself to ensure her file is merit listed.

He was also nice enough to confirm in the same message that my file was still active and Infantry is still hiring, which is certainly good news.

As an update...the recruiting sergeant had advised that my wife send him an email to confirm that her file had been merit listed, and she'd received no reply as of yet, so decided to give him a call this afternoon.  Good news is she has indeed been merit listed, and he did comment as to how competitive her file is...considering she has two college diplomas in office and medical office admin (and a third in police foundations, but who's counting  ;D) that's no surprise.

As to my file (Infantry), the rumours concerning the trade being closed are true...no new applications for Infantry are being taken, and some are being stopped in their tracks.  This, however, is not the case for my file.  I was merit listed last month, and when my wife passed me the phone, the first questions was, "How's your fitness".  It's above average, and getting better every day, and I said as much.  "Good, maintain that!" was the reply.  Knowing how vague the recruiters can be, my question was "OK...if you had to estimate, how much time might I have to get it to tip-top shape?".  The answer was "If I had to estimate...September.  Nothing is official, and I've got to finish off a few things, keep up the work on your fitness and expect a call soon."

So now, I'm having to temper the excitement and keep my hopes from going through the roof, which is difficult to say the least.  Promising phone call, though, and definitely glad my file hasn't been closed!

Congrats asteki! Looks like we might be having another infantry guy in the september basic. And thats great news for your wife as well

Congrats guys on the good news (or tentative good news) - Perhaps I will run into you (astecki) later on down the road if you are going Infantry.

I would assume they had a cut off when they realized just how many Infantry applications were received - ending the process for anyone who had not gotten past X point at the time. Glad to see you ended up on the other side of it!

Cheers!

UPDATE

Recruiting Center: CFRC London, ON
Trade 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 5/2011
First Contact: April 7/2011
CFAT: April 15/11
Interview: June 9/11
Security Check: June 9/11
Medical: July 7/11
Merit List: July 7/11
Position Offered:
Swearing In:
BMQ:

I spoke with my file manager today.  While he wasn't very forthcoming with new information, he did tell me that my file is merit listed, quite competitive and that offers should be coming soon.  I refuse to allow myself to get excited, but I'm sure hoping to get a spot.

Recruiting Center: Kamloops
NCM/Officer: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: X
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: January 2011
First Contact: Febuary 22,2011
CFAT: March 11
Medical: March 11
Interview: March 11
Job offered: July 19
Swearing in: Sept 8
Basic :

the interview,  medical and CAFT was all the same day. the day was a long day of waiting and chatting with the other applicants. if you are to do an all day'er ( 0800-1400) like i did make sure you bring food for lunch. Even if you think you will be out of there before 12. lots of the applicants did not bring food and where very hungry. remember it is a application process and you want to be feeling and be your best . Don't forget the term my brother ( med tech ) told me and im telling you . If your not 15 min early your LATE ! a few guys rolled in at 8 and one after.

Seemed to be a slow process , and every 2 or so months i would call and check in , asking if all the information they needed was there ( but most importantly showing im still interested). seemed to work for me,  last time i called and left a message they called back the next day and told a bit more info.

Good Luck

Recruiting Center: Edmonton, AB
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: x
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: September, 2010
First Contact: October, 2010
Aptitude completed : December, 2010
Medical Completed: January 31, 2011
Interview completed: April 4, 2011
Medical Approved: March 28, 2011 (Had some Ankle problems that required X-Rays, Some Physio and an MRI but I'm good to go!)
Security check completed : Done
Merit Listed: April 11, 2011
Position Offered: May 3, 2011
Swearing in Ceremony: August 11, 2011
Basic Training Begins: August 29, 2011

cdnrn said:
Recruiting Centre:            Sudbury, ON
Regular/Reserve:              Regular
Officer/NCM:                      Officer
Trade choice 1:                Nursing officer

Application Date:              May 18,2011
First Contact:                    May 25,2011
Aptitude Completed:        June 15th,2011
Medical Completed:          June 15th,2011
Interview Completed:      June 29th,2011
Medical Approved:            June 15th?,2011
Merit Listed:                      June 29th,2011
Position Offered:              PENDING
Basic Training Start:          PENDING

I was told there are 20 nursing officer positions this year and that the board has not yet met to make its decision. Does anyone know when this board meets??

UPDATE

Recruiting Centre:            Sudbury, ON
Regular/Reserve:              Regular
Officer/NCM:                      Officer
Trade choice 1:                Nursing officer

Application Date:              May 18,2011
First Contact:                    May 25,2011
Aptitude Completed:        June 15th,2011
Medical Completed:          June 15th,2011
Interview Completed:      June 29th,2011
Medical Approved:            June 15th?,2011
Merit Listed:                      June 29th,2011
Position Offered:              July 20th,2011
Basic Military Officer Training Start:          Sept 26th,2011

astecki said:
As an update...the recruiting sergeant had advised that my wife send him an email to confirm that her file had been merit listed, and she'd received no reply as of yet, so decided to give him a call this afternoon.  Good news is she has indeed been merit listed, and he did comment as to how competitive her file is...considering she has two college diplomas in office and medical office admin (and a third in police foundations, but who's counting  ;D) that's no surprise.

As to my file (Infantry), the rumours concerning the trade being closed are true...no new applications for Infantry are being taken, and some are being stopped in their tracks.  This, however, is not the case for my file.  I was merit listed last month, and when my wife passed me the phone, the first questions was, "How's your fitness".  It's above average, and getting better every day, and I said as much.  "Good, maintain that!" was the reply.  Knowing how vague the recruiters can be, my question was "OK...if you had to estimate, how much time might I have to get it to tip-top shape?".  The answer was "If I had to estimate...September.  Nothing is official, and I've got to finish off a few things, keep up the work on your fitness and expect a call soon."

So now, I'm having to temper the excitement and keep my hopes from going through the roof, which is difficult to say the least.  Promising phone call, though, and definitely glad my file hasn't been closed!

Final Update for ME!

Recruiting Center: Toronto, ON
Application Date: 04 April 2011
First Contact: 04 April 2011
Aptitude completed : 12 April 2011
Medical Completed: 07 May 2011
Interview completed: 10 May 2011
Medical Approved: 10 June 2011
Security check completed : Sometime in May
Merit Listed: 20 June 2011
Position Offered: 26 July 2011
Basic Training Begins: 05 September 2011

I called the CFRC today to check up on things, and was informed that I have been selected for BMQ starting 05 September 2011!  Could not be more excited right now!  They (Toronto CFRC) will be making formal offers by phone in the next couple of days as a swear-in date has not yet been set, but my position is secure!

We did also confirm the selections for RMS Clerk (for my wife) will not be made until the fall.  Disappointing, but not too much longer for her either!

astecki said:
Final Update for ME!

I called the CFRC today to check up on things, and was informed that I have been selected for BMQ starting 05 September 2011!  Could not be more excited right now!  They (Toronto CFRC) will be making formal offers by phone in the next couple of days as a swear-in date has not yet been set, but my position is secure!

We did also confirm the selections for RMS Clerk (for my wife) will not be made until the fall.  Disappointing, but not too much longer for her either!
Congratulations, I'll see you there! Swearing in August 17th.

astecki said:
Final Update for ME!

I've been following your updates... congrats!

Romanmaz said:
Congratulations, I'll see you there! Swearing in August 17th.

Got the official offer about a half-hour ago...I'll see you on the 17th for swearing in as well!

Well almost a month to the day since I first walked into the RC to inquire about joining I finally got my High School transcript yesterday and handed my application in today before work.

Recruiting Center: Halifax Nova Scotia
Regular/Reserve: Reg Force
Officer/NCM: NCM-SEP
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: AWS
Application Date: 04 Aug 2011
First Contact:
Aptitude completed : 
Medical Completed: 
Interview completed: 
Medical Approved:
Security check completed : 
Merit Listed: 
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins: 

Expecting it to take a little longer then normal as I've lived in Australia for a year and also have family abroad as well so we will see how it goes.

Recruiting Center: Hamilton, ON
Officer/NCM: DEO Officer
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armour Officer
Trade Choice 3: Engineer Officer
Application Date: May 13th, 2011
First Contact: May 20th, 2011
Aptitude: June 29th, 2011
Medical:  June 29th, 2011
Interview completed: July 6th, 2011
Merit Listed: July 26th, 2011
Position Offered: PENDING
Basic Training Begins: PENDING

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. Looks like a pretty great online community! I just handed in my application today, so here goes.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Application Date: August 5th, 2011
First Contact:
Med, aptitude completed :
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Officer/MR: MR
Trade Choice 1: NES OP
Trade Choice 2:NCI OP
Trade Choice 3:x
Application Date: may  2010
First Contact:January 2011
Med, aptitude completed : February 2011
TAFC: May 2009
Interview completed: March 2011
list of merits: July 2011
Position Offered: waiting
Basic Training Begins: waiting

Last Thursday I called the recruiting office they told me that I would receive a call within a week without saying anything else. I am impatient to receive this call to determine the purpose of the call.

Trade Choice 1: NCI Op
Trade Choice 2: NES Op
Application Date: 14 May 2011
First Contact: July 3 2011
Aptitude completed : Dec 2005(Previous Service)
Medical Completed: 09 Aug 2011
Interview completed: 04 Aug 2011
Medical Approved: x
Security check completed : Sometime in July
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Basic Training Begins: x

Recruting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Weapons Technician
Trade Choice 2: Signal Operator