• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Apology

Dean22

Inactive
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this so I decided to put it here. Feel free to move it.

This is Dean22.

I wanted to apologize to some of the people on this website for the ***hole I have been and for consistently straying outside of my lanes.

I don't have more knowledge than 95% of the people on this website and I needed to learn to trust the people on this website more than the recruiting websites, the retired military people and the books.

I treated military information the same way I treat History. If I knew it, I would say it but that was wrong. To put things into perspective I should start listening to the people who have experienced "WW2" rather than read a book about "WW2".

A prime example of this is if I saw a Sherman veteran on tv say he would kill a Tiger tank at up to 800m with his 75mm gun and I would scream "bull ****" the Tiger tank has 80mm of rear armor." He was there and he knows more about it than anyone who hasn't lived it. Even if the mathematics, information OR recruiting websites say otherwise.

The reason I am asking for forgiveness is because I have learned a lot from this website and in return I want to offer positively to it. That's why I changed names, because I was hoping for a fresh start.

Specific apologies go out to the people who constantly downrated me and corrected me: CDN Aviator, recceguy, overwatch downunder, loachman.

If you can give me another chance rate this post up as a sign and if you can't then downrate it.

Thank you.

I also want to apologize to the forum members for some of the stupid-civvy things said since arrival.

A colleague at work had recommended this site and directed me to it as a "best source" for political analysis, excellent moderation and knowledge of the Canadian military.

I've also made the mistake of thinking just because I've read a few books and seen a few movies on, for example, the Rwanda genocide, I'm well-informed. And clearly as this forum is my witness, I have a lot to learn.

So, thank you for your patience with me. 

Thank you for taking the lead Hull.Down.

This is most unusual.

Hull.Down: Thanks. This was likely rather difficult for you, and it is appreciated. I am certainly willing to give you a fresh start, and hope that you keep on this way and become a valuable contributor.

Leroi: I must have missed something. I'm not sure what you're apologizing for (and you don't have to explain in any detail). If I felt that you had a reason to apologize for something I'd accept, but I don't, so I can't - just carry on.

Anyway, this makes for a much better Sunday here in Groundhogdayland (and the sun is shining, and I'm on the flying schedule too) so thanks both.

Kudos to you both for stepping up like this. This is definitely a refreshing change of pace for what we as DS see time and time again. Thanks again.

Milnet.Ca Staff

Loachman said:
This is most unusual.

Leroi: I must have missed something. I'm not sure what you're apologizing for (and you don't have to explain in any detail). If I felt that you had a reason to apologize for something I'd accept, but I don't, so I can't - just carry on.

Anyway, this makes for a much better Sunday here in Groundhogdayland (and the sun is shining, and I'm on the flying schedule too) so thanks both.

Loachman, I have, ahem, on occasion, made sweeping generalizations on military subjects for which I thought I was knowledgeable based on reading books and watching popular movies, only to realize in retrospect and after reading pages of the topic in question here that I knew nothing about that which I'd professed to know.  :-[ 

Hopefully this doesn't happens so much now as when I first arrived. 

Glad you had confidence in me though! :)

Hull.Down said:
This is Dean22.

I wanted to apologize to some of the people on this website for the ***hole I have been and for consistently straying outside of my lanes.

Appology openly accepted, and thanks for having the intestinal fortitude to come forward and clear the air.

Regards,

Wes (OWDU)

leroi said:
Loachman, I have, ahem, on occasion, made sweeping generalizations on military subjects for which I thought I was knowledgeable based on reading books and watching popular movies, only to realize in retrospect and after reading pages of the topic in question here that I knew nothing about that which I'd professed to know.

Okay, if you insist so, then I'll be nice and accept just to keep you happy.

I don't read everything on here, so parhaps I missed whatever it was.

Hennyway, carry on...

Thanks Hull.Down, I hope the site continues to be helpful to you, and you to it. It's sometimes a hard lesson to learn, but when we work together instead of grinding each other down, we all benefit, usually in ways that aren't possible when we lack cooperation.

Here's hoping your stay is long and happy.

Cheers
Mike

And I sincerely apologize for this... really, really I do...

The apology...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3077415/chris_brown_apology_video/

.. and the apology for the apology....
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3104725/chris_brown_apology_for_apology/

Back