• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone here posted in Shilo

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
What kind of talk of 2VP coming to town (if any) is there?   Also is the Base commander and Base RSM from a cmbt arms unit or can it be anyone that is that high up and qualified?

All positive

Base Comd is LCol MSE Op but good guy, and RSM is armoured from down east just posted in

Are you posted in Shilo?  I assume yes but I hate assuming.  Would you elaborate on what positive things were said.  Curious.  The combined mess ought to promote so good ole fashion riverly.  The only rumor I've heard is that when one unit is out in the field for an extended time the other will soon be following to help prevent the old "Tide" thing.

I've lived in Brandon for a number of years, and the city and the Base are putting out the welcome mat for 2VP. I'm not quite sure how 1 RCHA feels (though it can't be entirely happy since all the attention has be focused on 2 PPCLI, whle they have been there for years), but, yes, the JR should be interesting for awhile until the pecking order gets sorted out.

The new PMC of the WO and Sgts Mess (which is the Mess of the Home Station) is a PPCLI Sgt.

As for the field thing, strictly rumour. Shilo doesn't play that way.

Good to hear about the field thing. BTW your more then welcome to take my spot in the freedom of the city parade.  As far as attention goes we'd rather not have it as we'd rather not be moving.  That point is mute though.

I live in Shilo now, its not a bad spot, just a pain to drive to Brandon if ya need something.  Housing is actually the best ive seen, being a base brat myself i mean it.  We at 1RCHA for the most part are looking forward to your arrival.  It gives us an opportunity to train along side yas more often and makes the place more of a place to live.  WELCOME!

I've been here since '01. And as for the growin pains......already have started that at the ranks ( I DJ there).  As for trainin i meant in general, now if we do an ex involving dismounted ops we have the pro's ight there if we need some advice.  And as guns we can practice live shootin over ya heads lol.

lol ya  i think its a good thing anyhow....but not others so we'll see

Back