• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anybody know how many ARTY officers they're looking for fy 06/07

Disenchantedsailor

Inactive
Reaction score
I know the year ends in 3 weeks, but I have a CEOTP app in for this year (board sat 1 March) and the posting/promotion msgs should be in this week sometime, a wee bit nervous I am, my marks from highschool a fair to midland and my service while not spotless isn't to deranged. Not to mention I completed OPME in 2 Years as a Naval NCO, I guess what I'm saying is do I have a change do you figure or something like a snowballs change in somewhere very hot.

I am not a recruiter, nor am I married to one.

A recruiter can more accurately answer your question in the official sense.

However, from my POV, ARTY can use all the officers it can get, ESPECIALLY in the AD world. The regt alone has barely "enough" officers on paper, but when you look at it realistically and see where they are tasked and what with (tours, training, crse Os) there is never enough to fill the gaps.

It never hurts to try. So unless someone tells you otherwise...give'r a go with that application.

Cheers,

CAW

While I would have to agree in the sense that the artillery is hurting for officers, there actually is no AD Arty officer classification per se, there is only one, and both AD and Fd procedures are taught during DP 1.1. During DP 1.2 a split occurs, but that does not mean the officer will necessarily be prevented from crossing back over to one or the other. For example the Bty Cmdr that went with TF 1-06 is also qualified as an Air Defence IG!

I think what you were after though is given your academics how does it look, to be quite frank if 2 OPME's is all you got, that's not very strong, from an academic point of view. Leadership though plays a big part in why someone might've been identified in the 1st place, should this be your situation then it can definitely tip the scales in your favour, but in anycase you do have to prove your interest, and to some degree, your ability to attain a degree.

If you didn't make the cut this time, don't give up, because if there is one thing people admire is someone who is able to recognize what it takes to overcome an obstacle to get to a goal, and does it; look to RMC's continuing education or an accredited program to "get your feet wet" to see how much of an obstacle it is. If nothing else it is always good for communication development
Eh?

I applied for Arty for ceotp (as a second choice) and I went looking for the numbers, here is what I found,

Arty for CEOPT intake for 06/07 is 10 and it looks like they already have three, this info was dated the 08th of march so it is pretty current

I wasnt so clear in my original post, I completed the OPME program (2 Proffessional and 4 University level course (1st yr hist, 4 yr hist, 2 yr polisci, 4 yr psych) and was just before my file went to CFRG accepted to TRU for BA hist, although my high school marks arent so hot (lazyness prevailed) my university level stuff has all been honours, not to mention the networking phase on my TQ5 (top student, 99.7% average through some tough microsoft courses).

Although disenchanted, doesn't mean I'm going to quit after a first loss, mouths to feed aside I put a uniform on to make a difference, not the type of thing one throughs away due to a setback.

Cheers,

P.S. Artywife,  My wife enjoyed your blog some pretty common stuff in there from my trip to A-stan

Also my former Divo (navy type) went back to the Arty on account of he couldn't make the transition to the eat your young mentality of the Mars trade, no offence to any Marsys out there, he is really one driving force behing me, he is posted to Gagetown (originally a Field Gunner) to take Birdgun IG then teach both at the field and ad school.

That definitely sounds like a much stronger case than it did originally, to me it sounded like you had only done two OPME courses.

BTW I'm pretty sure I know who that MARS O is that is mentoring you, good man, he was originally supposed to come to the school last year, yes? At anyrate we worked in the same CP/Phase III cell in the 90's, goes to show you what a small army it is.

Good luck

disenchanted, I am pretty sure I know who you and the divo is because I sailed with both of you, if you can figure it out call me at the school (hint hint) ???

Disenchantedsailor said:
my university level stuff has all been honours, not to mention the networking phase on my TQ5 (top student, 99.7% average through some tough microsoft courses).

P.S. Artywife,  My wife enjoyed your blog some pretty common stuff in there from my trip to A-stan

Good stuff!  You just forgot to mention that all the tests on your TQ5 were open book.  Also the "though" microsoft courses were pretty much walked through for you (question #1 on page 1, question #2 on page 2).  The only tough thing about the TQ5/microsoft courses was not getting your a$$ kicked while playing Call Of Duty.

Trip to A-stan?  You mean HMCS Algonquin in the gulf right?  Or did you actually set foot in A-stan.

No need to mislead your fellow troops.

the tests on TQ5 were open book, the microsoft certs after the fact weren't as for feet dry in A-stan yes 3 weeks, not a full tour but stuff needs to get fixed and they had the only people kit etc to do it, and no not on Algonquin

Naval NCO?  Or is it Naval NCM?  ???

This sure is bringing back some good memories, I remember when we were called NCO's!!! 

It was slightly before this guy was brought down!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber   

A nice little tidbit I like to keep in the back of my mind (mostly because in angers the C2 but nothing he can do about it)

and the book sayith for NCO "non-commissioned officer" means a member holding the rank of sergeant or corporal; (sous-officier)
QRO Chap 1 art 1.02

(for the record Naval ranks are not used in QR&O's except to say that when speaking of Naval Mbr's table II from the ACT shall be used)
wow, I remembered something from that Military Law course I took.

I stand corrected!

Here I was thinking that we are NCM's!  Oh well, at least I had a good read through QR&O's, time to go bone up on my Bomb Threat procedures, the training never stops!

But FYI you are considered a Jr NCO.

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhrim/mhrrp/Ch01/engraph/ch01_A_e.asp?Index=N#N

Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO), (Sous-officier) is a mbr holding the rank of Sgt or Cpl. Consequently, a Senior NCO is a Sgt and a Junior NCO is a MCpl or a Cpl.QR&O 1.02.

Back