• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anybody else in my situation?

The Dunnminator

Inactive
Reaction score
I am new to the forum so I would like to say hi to everyone first. About my situation, I did two years as a reserve infantry soldier before deciding to transfer to the air force and become a pilot with the civy u ROTP. I went to ASC last October (from Oct 29 to Nov 2) and I passed both ANAV and pilot. Since then I have received a letter that confirms that I am accepted in civy u ROTP for next year and after calling the CFRC I have learned that I would be transferred next July but that I will not be doing any kind of army training this summer. Do anybody have an idea why I am not doing my IAP/BOTP course this summer?

Because there are tonnes of people that need to be qual'd and there is a back log for the course.  Since you already have a smick ( BMQ, BIQ etc etc) they have postponed your course to when they can course load you.  Lots of people in your situation, so do not worry about it.

The Dunnminator said:
Since then I have received a letter that confirms that I am accepted in civy u ROTP for next year and after calling the CFRC I have learned that I would be transferred next July but that I will not be doing any kind of army training this summer.

A clarification, please.  Do you mean that your education will be subsidized under ROTP this coming September (2008) or the next year (2009) and that your transfer to the Regular Force will be this July (2008) or next July (2009)?

Blackadder1916 said:
A clarification, please.  Do you mean that your education will be subsidized under ROTP this coming September (2008) or the next year (2009) and that your transfer to the Regular Force will be this July (2008) or next July (2009)?

I was referring to the next scholar year (September 2008 - april 2009) so I am transferring July 2008

Back